• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

CAMERA ON BOARD EXPERIENCES

20vtrojo

• 2 weeks later...

For sure, In part 3 we are going to try to surprise you again. And we will film some jumps using our camera traking shot techniques. So far, I'm glad that  you have enjoy these vids. 

I've got another one with nice jumps, however you could find it a bit long (it was my first video):

Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mates!

Sorry for my delay to answer your questions.

-I am using the camera DRIFT HD 170 for some traveling shots and above all for the camera on board scenes. For no camera moving scenes we use the CANON 650D.

-As for How long did part 2 to be created, well I do not dedicate all the time, just during weekends and some days more, I also get the help of my friends or girlfriend. With that fact I can tell you it took me about 3 months and a half to create part 2. There are some scenes like these with the dogs that were fortuitous, not planned. Others, for example when the buggy goes to the solar charge station were planned scenes more difficult to get, because before filming I had to build the charge station and put it to work!

Any way I'm glad you enjoy these vids.

• 4 months later...

I did, I did it. But firstly, I protected the chassis electronics with american tape (As you saw in the vid pictures).

In that way a kept the sand and the seawater out, however some moisture got inside the battery contacts and I had to sand the terminals. Despite this, I got no fails.

Edited by 20vtrojo

• 2 weeks later...

Well.

I would like to get some advice about purchasing a FPV system (first person view). I would like to creat more vids like these using this system adapted in my buggy.

Any of you is using a FPV system? Can you recommend some a FPV system?

Thank you.