• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Buying from the states

ianpallen

I hope this is in the right place to ask, but has anyone bought the FX 10 front suspension upgrade for their pumpkin or lunchbox from the states. I am wondering if any tax is put on it at the customs or extra payment to Royal Mail. For the upgrade and metal pins etc it will cost around

Hi,you may have to pay tax on it,as far as I know,it depends on value etc,so be prepaired,you may get lucky and it will come straight through.There was a thread on general rc forum about this a while back,try a search.

Goldman :030:

I have bought lots of mainly non model goods from US and have only rarely had to pay tax - perhaps 1 in 10 parcels.

Duty is not payable under

When I ordered mine from them via ebay I did get stung, but I did have another item in the parcel to push the price up to $36 excl post. Seem to remember the VAT was about half of the RM

Edited by aspnet

The government do like us to cough up their beer money. I will see how he sends it and what it costs me. I got the fx 10 suspension kit at $15.99 and pins set at $8.85 dollars plus postage @ $9.88. In English, all total

The government do like us to cough up their beer money. I will see how he sends it and what it costs me. I got the fx 10 suspension kit at $15.99 and pins set at $8.85 dollars plus postage @ $9.88. In English, all total

Edited by jony nitro

Postage is separate

Based on my experience, at roughly $25 for the goods, I think you might just scrape through.

By the way, my record for not paying tax on goods marked as merchandise is $185, so they don't catch everything.

I hope mine scrape through. lol

I thought postage is separate as the costings are on the goods. I hope it is below the limit to start charging. It would be if they take each individually, but might just scrape through with total cost. We will see. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I fully accept if VAT is due.

I hate this handling charge - imposed by the same people performing the same job they would have done for NOTHING if it came 'under the limit'.

Al.

RCboyz on ebay is a great shop very good postage rates on most items and ive found alot of the upgrades I can never find for my revo in his shop. He will also accept direct paypal. Ive orderd a steel gear set I just hope I dont get the