• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my mini

reefshark

Had 1275 gt the most fun car i have ever owned was ex rally twin tanks the lot would definately have another, think you might need to invest in shares in platic padding and fibreglass though lol. Nice car at least you had something to look forward to after the air race :good:

its the cooper so its a 1275cc to insure it will be £1400 a year to insure it its not too expensive to run when you sort all the body work out

Edited by reefshark

I have had a few Mini's, you should be able to get about 250 miles to a tank of petrol. I don't know how much it will cost to fill now but it use to cost me £13 from empty (1997). Your road tax will be £100 a year as it's under 1500cc.

£1400 to insure seems mental considering the car is only a group 2 or 3, but insurance is nuts.

I got hit side on in one of mine by a Lexus LS400, wrote the Mini off and I twisted every muscle in my back and ended up on valiums for a while. This was probably more down to the fact I'm 6`4 and was in a Mini, than it being due to Mini's being unsafe.

Cracking car mate, I've owned about 40 cars in my time and the Mini's have been the most fun by miles.

T

you will need a 1275 the 850 and 1000 dont have the power to keep up with modern cars i mean my coopers top speed is 87mph got loads or torque too the 1275 pulls up my hill to my house in 2nd easy and its a steep hill

nah just get a roll cage and harnesses and you'll be fine

i want to get one for my first car but it'll defo have to be a 1275 tho

You fit a roll cage and your insurance will jump from 1400 to about 2400. Fitting a roll cage is considered as you saying "I'm gonna crash"