• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi blitz thread

Any of you guys had trouble with the spur gears stripping on these Biltz? My Nephew has upgraded from brushed to Flux on 2s and has stripped 3 plastic spurs so far. He does drive like a nutter and suspects he tightens down the slipper too much so he can wheelie, but even so.......

make sure the gear mesh is set correctly,

I got my calandra slipper setup from ebay, but I can't find it on ebay anymore,

http://www.teamcrc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_115_120&products_id=811

That will help a lot with the eating spur issue, haven't stripped a spur all season, shows that good mesh and that slipper setup helps a lot. It also allows for much better adjustment

Edited by ostewart

I was getting through a spur every time I went out, it was getting silly! Turns out the slipper pads had fused themselves to the plates so I was essentially running without a slipper clutch. Since fitting new pads I haven't had an issue. It's probably worth checking you're nephews out.

On Sat Dec 12 2015 15:57:59 GMT+0000, Sharkster said:

is there any way to keep the wheel lock nuts from falling off after a few mins,they keep doing it esp the rear ones

Replace them, the nyloc plastic wears after the nuts have been removed and refitted a few times. Or threadlock them on. 

On 20/12/2015 at 22:16, ostewart said:
Chassis braces are a good idea, along with White ESE rod ends.

Then the steering rack [emoji4] 

Then buy some spares (dogbones, spurs/slipper pads)

N̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶c̶e̶s̶s̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

One of the best upgrades you could make would be to buy a better transmitter such as a spectrum dx2e.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Edited by Leo Best
Getting the aluminium steering rack soon. Plastic one is useless!

7 hours ago, Leo Best said:

Not sure on the necessity on the steering rack unless your are racing.

One of the best upgrades you could make would be to buy a better transmitter such as a spectrum dx2e.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

I already have a DX3R so will be using that buddy:D

4 hours ago, ostewart said:

Thanks for the links they look like they should add a fair bit of strength to the truck

I've just about finished converting my Blitz to a buggy and I must say, I'm really happy with how it's turned out :D The shell and the wing are from an Ansmann something or other, the wing mount is from a Hyper 7 and I made the front bumper from an old chassis I had laying around. I just need to decide whether I'll make a custom rear bumper or fit a tbone from a Firestorm. The tbone would be the easier option but I enjoy making things myself.

Anyway, here it is -20151224_125945-1_zpsujbuijnj.jpg20151224_125950-1_zpsjbxpsxe5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys I have the firestorm and a friend has seen it and now seems set on the blitz, what gearing is being run for 2s compared to 3s? Same as the fs or different?

18/88 is stock gearing on blitz flux. I run 22/83 on 2S only.

The gearing choice is different to the firestorm

BTW keep your friend wanting a blitz!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Anyone still running a blitz? 

I got a Blitz Flux a few days ago, absolutely love the thing. I can't control it for love or money (back to RC after a good decade out) running on 2s. Guess I need to learn throttle control, I can't even keep it in a straight line! Which leaves my son running rings around me with his Siege, although his car understeers like you wouldn't believe

I have pretty much read through the entire thread, most of my noobish questions have been answered already. So I will keep looking back for parts and suggestions. Steering & servo will be first on the list I think 

We're just running the cars wherever we can at the minute, would like to get into some track racing at some point as I have ordered an E- Firestom Flux for bashing and the violent stuff 

IMG_7831.JPG

Edited by Ash59fifty-uk