• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

schumacher mi4 4 cell project

arogon1235

So you'd be pretty much doubling its length then? This would be in the interest of high speed stability I presume? I suppose it would give you plenty of chassis real estate to play with when positioning the gubbins. What would you do for a shell?

Dude , I do love your persistance :)

Few pointers from what I've learned so far in the hobby .

Listen to people , If you disagree ... Prove your point with evidence 

Take your time 

Don't listen to the Haters 

Most of all , I wish you luck :thumbsup:

Jack

cheers for that jack, i am the sort of person that never gives up on something once i have started well except the mi1 speed project but that going wrong from the start :lol: 

also i wont be extending the chassis yet as i am gonna do that as a winter project to keep me busy. and for the shell i will more likley be molding my own shell if i can find a guy that has a big enough forming machine.

and lastly i wont be getting the castle motor yet as i am on limited funds atm so will be using the leopard 3900kv motor which only costs

• Like 1

just replaced the old 3.2mm belt with a brand new 5mm reinforced belt. also i cant take the layshaft mounts out to get at the spur gear so i now take the rear diff out and the toplate off undo the screw that holds the pulley on and i can get the spur screws out and tbh i can check if there is any damage everytime i replace the spur.

more updates to come when i get the new spur and pinion gear 

• 2 weeks later...

Project Bumblebee.

People say the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly. It clearly disagrees, because it keeps flying regardless.

People have said your car won't break 100. Clearly you disagree, and like the bumblebee, you are carrying on regardless.

Plus, a yellow bumblebee-inspired colour scheme would be good for visibility on a speed car. Kinda cool too, if you go for a scheme inspired by Bumblebee from the Transformers.

• Like 2

just did a range test to see how much range i have and at ground level i am gettting around 150m but i will more likley be standing on my tool box or ladder at the event so should be getting a bit more range