• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

schumacher mi4 4 cell project

arogon1235

good luck!

if i where to start a speedy project got tc4 racer knocking about for base an 4s max shall run, I feel using more volts 5/6s is easy route tbh :whistling:

Why not use a buggy chassis. Remove the centre diff, mount the motor in the centre with direct shaft drive to the rear diff. It'd be just like using a 48t pinion onto a 48t spur. 1:1 gearing. Just an idea.

because belt is alot easier to maintain and work on 

are you sure on that :xd:

can replace both diffs an centre shaft on my tc4 far quickier than replacing my xray t2 009 belts

Edited by R46

not keen on belt for high speed just me, each to their own tbh, tc5(belt) 6s

tc4 3.5t 2s or 3s 90 mph :whistling:

Edited by R46

Nic Case built speed run cars out of both a belt drive Schumacher and a shaft drive Associated so if you know what you are doing both types are up to the job.

But its that 'if you know what you are doing' part.

I can't really see how the Mi4 is any better than the Mi1 for this purpose but never mind. Its a nice car to work with.

Nic Case built speed run cars out of both a belt drive Schumacher and a shaft drive Associated so if you know what you are doing both types are up to the job.

But its that 'if you know what you are doing' part.

I can't really see how the Mi4 is any better than the Mi1 for this purpose but never mind. Its a nice car to work with.

the mi4 imo has a better layout and it just feels much more stronger than the mi1 also i didn't like the way the front belt was driven by the rear diff on the mi1 

also for people saying the belts will break at high speed well its not likley they will break because people have used the stock belts and they have gone past 100mph its the acceleration that usally kills the car 

trying to get the car to go straight starting to annoy me could it be im running a analog servo as i seem to remember they cant really remember there position 

Edited by arogon1235

Ensure all of the wheels are pointing in the same direction and nothing is binding or has too much freeplay....oh and turn down the amount of steering you have.....if it all checks out then you are miissng something even more basic.....

It is always easier to diagnose a problem first hand....you are right there....think it through in steps...by power of deduction the answer should become apparent...good luck. :)