• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Goods sent in error

wangerman69

Ordered some nike shox the other month from a co.uk website only to get an email afterwards telling me that delivery would take up to 8 weeks and gave me a china post tracking number. I contacted paypal complaining that I had been conned and that the tracking number didnt even work and was given a refund. I had forgotten all about it until 6 weeks later when they turned up and I didnt even get stung for import.

My wife ordered me an X-box 360 for my birthday a few years ago, it never turned up. Vendor sent another, that one vanished. Proper spitting feathers she bawled them out on the phone, they had someone personally drive one from Southampton to Newcastle in time, chuffed to bits.

Four months later, a courier turns up with the original two. The delivery guy had been hoarding kit then got caught flogging it, police got involved, he got sent down, stuff was released and delivered.

Vendor had written them off, claimed of the couriors insurance and told us to keep them. Yay me!!!

• Like 1

Ordered an sti spoiler for my old Subaru impreza years ago, it turned up damaged so rung the company who were apologetic and said send it back and we will refund you postage and post new one. So in a rush before work the next morning I quickly ran it up to the post office sent it recorded delivery and awaited my new one, it turned up two days later couldn't believe it I thought that's amazing service I was desperate to get it on the car and had arranged for a mate to spray it that day, when I opened it I was gutted to see another broken spoiler! I rang the firm and let the bloke on the phone have it big time! to which he replied we haven't received your old one yet? I said you must of I've got the replacement here all be it broken again! He was certain they had not received it and assured me they had definitely not sent a replacement. After i rather embarrassingly apologised It suddenly dawned on me what I had done. I was in a rush at the post office and the woman behind the counter was talking away to her friend she gave me the sticker to put on the parcel and instead of the bit with the company name and address she gave me the part with my details on, so unknowingly I stuck it on without checking it paid my money and buggered off to work, I guess what I'm trying to say is not only did I receive goods in error but I posted them! To myself! I spent 15 pounds for my broken spoiler to have a 2 night stay at the local sorting office and sent back to me! It was 7 years ago and my dad still won't let me forget it to this day!

pure classic! ..you couldn't even make that up if you tried! roflcopter :D :D

...as for my own, ordered a load of parts online to build a pc. In the order was (at the time which was about 4 years ago it was a top spec gfx card, cant remember exact one but i know it was about

Edited by rctruckz

i ordered a 12v strobe kit (blue, red and green leds to go in car headlights), it arrived with 1 of the led strips broken off the wire and damage to the sillicone covering the leds, they sent another FOC. i ordered a 49cc zen type cylinder and got a 49cc cag cylinder, they sent me the proper cylinder and told me to keep both. i ordered a 44mm air filter and got a 48, again they sent the correct filter and said to keep both. ive also had a couple of times where ive paid with a tenner and got change for 20 :D i like those times

Not really my error but a couple of the biggest mistakes I know of. I work at Argos and we get Christmas temps every years who aren't the best clued up as they are very quickly trained etc. We do customer views which allow the customer to view an item before buying it, three years ago a customer viewed a 42 inch TV, they were happy and said to the temp who was showing it them "we'll take it" and the temp just put it back in the box and said "here you go" and gave it them. Same thing happend two Christmas's ago when a laptop was viewed and the temp just put it in a bag and handed it over.

Guess all if you are going viewing laptops this christmas at Argos ;)

Ordered an Alturn servo from Modelsport and received some tamiya parts and an esc, spoke to Gaz at MS iirc and next morning I received my servo and a prepaid returns envelope. Top chaps!

Ordered an sti spoiler for my old Subaru impreza years ago, it turned up damaged so rung the company who were apologetic and said send it back and we will refund you postage and post new one. So in a rush before work the next morning I quickly ran it up to the post office sent it recorded delivery and awaited my new one, it turned up two days later couldn't believe it I thought that's amazing service I was desperate to get it on the car and had arranged for a mate to spray it that day, when I opened it I was gutted to see another broken spoiler! I rang the firm and let the bloke on the phone have it big time! to which he replied we haven't received your old one yet? I said you must of I've got the replacement here all be it broken again! He was certain they had not received it and assured me they had definitely not sent a replacement. After i rather embarrassingly apologised It suddenly dawned on me what I had done. I was in a rush at the post office and the woman behind the counter was talking away to her friend she gave me the sticker to put on the parcel and instead of the bit with the company name and address she gave me the part with my details on, so unknowingly I stuck it on without checking it paid my money and buggered off to work, I guess what I'm trying to say is not only did I receive goods in error but I posted them! To myself! I spent 15 pounds for my broken spoiler to have a 2 night stay at the local sorting office and sent back to me! It was 7 years ago and my dad still won't let me forget it to this day!

your not the only one. mine was that the woman in the p.o put the sticker on and a few day`s later i got it back so i had to go and get it sent again f.o.c of course and i always put my name and addy on the back with sender written above them and she still got it wrong. the strangist bit is its happened atleast 6 times in the last 4 yrs they should`nt be allowed to speak to anyone but the person there serving at that time

I'm not alone!! Although I must take some responsibility for not double checking especially as the woman was chatting away, the worst part about it for me was not wasting

Not really my error but a couple of the biggest mistakes I know of. I work at Argos and we get Christmas temps every years who aren't the best clued up as they are very quickly trained etc. We do customer views which allow the customer to view an item before buying it, three years ago a customer viewed a 42 inch TV, they were happy and said to the temp who was showing it them "we'll take it" and the temp just put it back in the box and said "here you go" and gave it them. Same thing happend two Christmas's ago when a laptop was viewed and the temp just put it in a bag and handed it over.

Guess all if you are going viewing laptops this christmas at Argos ;)

yes haha

My wife ordered me an X-box 360 for my birthday a few years ago, it never turned up. Vendor sent another, that one vanished. Proper spitting feathers she bawled them out on the phone, they had someone personally drive one from Southampton to Newcastle in time, chuffed to bits.

Four months later, a courier turns up with the original two. The delivery guy had been hoarding kit then got caught flogging it, police got involved, he got sent down, stuff was released and delivered.

Vendor had written them off, claimed of the couriors insurance and told us to keep them. Yay me!!!

..and how many of those did you have to send off to MS with RROD? :)

Only one of these i've had was buying from another member on this forum, he was selling a yokomo drift car and it took a sweet while to arrive, i was getting impatient at this point when a small packet popped through the door.... a full hex screw kit from the seller, emailed him asking what was up and he said he was sorry, took him a little while to get his hands on the car again and he eventually sent it to me and told me to keep the screws. awfully nice of him :)

When I first started buying on the bay, I bought a mint TB01 and a hardly used TA01 from a guy in Birmingham, ages went by, nothing appeared. He told me his Mum had died and he was really busy and could I wait a week, so I did.

Still nothing, no answers to my e-mails, so I waited until the last possible moment before reporting it to EBay. (Didn't want to feel like I was uncaring).

A week later, he sends me another message saying his Mum is in hospital???? and he's looking after his sister and the cars will be posted the next day.

Sure enough, a package arrives recorded delivery, too small to be two cars, so with the postie there (he's a friend) we opened it to find a carrier bag of rubbish stuffed into the shoe box.

More complaints, two months it took EBay to refund me after making me send the rubbish bag back to him, he refused to sign for it so denied receiving the 'goods' back. Only because Chris the Postie let me take his picture on delivery with the box and opening it there did they believe me.

The tube closed down his EBay and PP accounts to try and escape, shame he left his junk mail in the rubbish bag. He even had the gall to try selling them again a few months later but that soon vanished when I reported the sale to EBay.

Now I always pick up in person if I can, or buy from someone I trust if I can't.

not quite the same but i ordered a lens from nikon and a few days later a new nikon d7000 turned up, i thought i twas a mistake but a happy one untill my brother texted m saying a camera should be delivered that he ordered. dam it. my lens turned up shortly after it.

not quite the same but i ordered a lens from nikon and a few days later a new nikon d7000 turned up, i thought i twas a mistake but a happy one untill my brother texted m saying a camera should be delivered that he ordered. dam it. my lens turned up shortly after it.

That's got to suck! :lol:

I ordered an xt60 parallel lead yo run two packs in my quad and received a 6 way xt60 charging board instead. Not bad for 3.75 delivered :)

I brought these from modelsport

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/87597/

And when I got home and tried to build them one of the parts that screw onto the top had a hole in it which was to small so I went back to the store the next day they ordered the part for free and I received it the next day I also left a part on the counter at the store which they also sent out for free.

When I got home I contacted HPI Racing about the problem and told them I had to do a 2 hour round trip to get the problem sorted so they decided to give me a

Edited by peterthedrummer

Ordered an alu servo horn.  Didn't turn up :( contact supplier, they said it had been shipped.  Turned up a week after this, then every 3rd to 4th day afterwards for around 4 weks I kept getting another one.  Contacted them every day for two weeks offering to return it/them if they paid postage but,.. no response :shockingscary: .  Oh well I tried :lol:

Edited by Deafty