• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Dragsters

RCnitrodrag

Thats a nice car RCnitrodrag! reminds me of the old chicken coupe slingshot from the early days of drag racing! Fuel altered meets slingshot!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Guys 

Bez nice rear engine rail, reminds me a bit of what I use to actually drive,

How did I get into this....well I use to actually drive a blown V8 dragster a number of years ago, so drags have always been in the blood so to speak! 

A bit about the car, well Its a 1/8th scale version of a AAFC Fuel Altered dragster, these are basically what I based it on so take a look at this

They can be quite a handful to drive! lols and hopefully the scaled version I have built will be to...!!!! lols

anyway bit more about the one I've built..... I built it from the ground up, the chassis is fabricated from brass tube and brazed together, the wheels and tyres are from the 1/8th scale traxxas funny car, the body is the "Hemi Coupe Body" from ParmaPSE in the states, the Motor is a Force .28 puts out about 3.75hp so will hopefully make it shift abit, although not run in yet! the rear axle is aluminium and from a axial scx10 so quite bullet proof I hope! :thumbsup: It is direct drive so no gearbox to worry about. Most parts on this has been made to measure by hand and also machined by a friend of mine, anyway The car is not quite finished yet so have not run it yet, so not sure what speed it will do, but I imagine it will be a bit on the quick side hopefully.

Tear101 your actually quite right it is similar to the early day fuel altereds, I see your from Northamptonshire, "the county of british drag racing!" lols I take it you have been to the track?

Am also gonna be building a replica of my bruv's current nostalgia slingshot dragster that he drives as well so keep a look out in the future guys!

Once the car is up and running I will post up a video of it.

Thanks for all the comments guys, its really appreciated.

Phil.

• Like 1

Hey RC nitro, I grew up at the pod(in the turner racing pit) and crew here and there. Currently helping build a olds Firenza funny car with a tunnel ram injected sbc!

• Like 1

thats cool fella, have crewed and run cars there myself over the years, I know rob and steve turner, I use to crew for smax smith on his alcohol cars, also crewed for fuel bikes, fuel altereds, have run my own blown sbc rear engined rail. if you know the turners you may know my uncle, he use to run what was known as "fatty arbuckles pub" in rushden, I think its also been called the red lion at some point, very small world! lols

I did run the RC altered up yesterday to run it in, after getting through the first tank of fuel, I thought I'd better checkout the clutch, rear axle and drivetrain etc..... and discovered that it had completely disintegrated the rear bearing on the clutch bell !!! lols nothing ever purpose build goes right the first time you try and test it! lols so am now having to machine something new up to stop that happening again! but gotta say the RC altered sounds AWESOME with the custom made exhausts and headers, it has a bit of a fuel car cackle about it!!!!

Thanks robBloor,

Hopefully will have it back up and running soon  Tear101, I will post a video of it asap, am just waiting on a machined part to arrive then hopefully all will be well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here you go guys as promised a video of some test runs of the altered, there has been a couple of mods to it, it now has a single speed planetary gearbox, which has helped, and a new front axle, as it trashed the original lols!, it is a little bit of a handful, and as some of you guys know thats the way altereds should be! lols :sweeeet:

so enjoy

• Like 1

I have still got to play around with the gearing to improve the launch

your right dragsters are suppose to run straight....... but anyone who been or has done drag racing knows that Fuel Altereds 10% of the time run straight, the rest of the time they are a bit of a handful to drive! lols, (check out the vid on the previous page)

so am a little glad that it does resemble a Fuel Altered some of the time! lols

although I do wanna see what it can do speed wise so am in the middle of building a new, longer wheel base chassis for stability :thumbsup: