• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

6 hours ago, froggy8 said:

i thought of that but the ocd of me does not agree, i want to try make it look professional like all the people on here do with their cars.

can you run an antenna less receiver, I run the Sanwa Rx482, which is really small and doesn't have an aerial cable. Failing that you could get some black braided cable sheath to go over the aerial and fix with some well placed black micro cable ties (I like a bit of cable management😀)

38 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

can you run an antenna less receiver, I run the Sanwa Rx482, which is really small and doesn't have an aerial cable. Failing that you could get some black braided cable sheath to go over the aerial and fix with some well placed black micro cable ties (I like a bit of cable management😀)

thank you, i am using the flysky gt3c rx, could i just cut some of it? i read many, many years ago that you cant. was wondering if technology has changed so i can cut some off.

Edited by froggy8

21 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

thank you, i am using the flysky gt3c rx, could i just cut some of it? i read many, many years ago that you cant. was wondering if technology has changed so i can cut some off.

I don’t think you can, I think the cable length is specific for the frequency, stand to be corrected though.

3 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

I don’t think you can, I think the cable length is specific for the frequency, stand to be corrected though.

you are correct mate, i just thought maybe, just maybe we could but alas no.

i was thinking about putting the esc to the back opposite the motor but then i changed my mind. i really like the size of these cars but organizing the wiring and components seems to be a challenge.

7 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

you are correct mate, i just thought maybe, just maybe we could but alas no.

i was thinking about putting the esc to the back opposite the motor but then i changed my mind. i really like the size of these cars but organizing the wiring and components seems to be a challenge.

Yes, not much space In these

6 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Yes, not much space In these

i was wondering if you can suggest any decent upgrades on these please?

also i am not too keen on the shell and wheels but i have seen a few on the net for the wheels but no idea what they are, i have posted a picture on one of them just few posts up.

9 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

also i am not too keen on the shell and wheels but i have seen a few on the net for the wheels but no idea what they are, i have posted a picture on one of them just few posts up.

Have a look at Phat Bodies, I run their Atac shell, they do a good range, they have just realeased a really nice Beetle style shell.

As for wheels, I run some 1/10 scale touring/rally car wheels
https://www.instagram.com/p/CK30qoRsTAf/?utm_medium=copy_link

not sure if the link will work, but a few images of mine.

Have a look at Phat Bodies, I run their Atac shell, they do a good range, they have just realeased a really nice Beetle style shell.

As for wheels, I run some 1/10 scale touring/rally car wheels
https://www.instagram.com/p/CK30qoRsTAf/?utm_medium=copy_link

not sure if the link will work, but a few images of mine.

15 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

With upgrades, it really depends what you want, I have gone a bit mad with mine, it has full carbon Chassis/Center brace/shock towers, Carbon steering drag link, aluminium hubs and steering knuckles, 6150kv motor and 120amp esc.

They are great cars in standard form though.

4 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

With upgrades, it really depends what you want, I have gone a bit mad with mine, it has full carbon Chassis/Center brace/shock towers, Carbon steering drag link, aluminium hubs and steering knuckles, 6150kv motor and 120amp esc.

They are great cars in standard form though.

your car wheels is what i wanted but in black, you got a link for them please? 12mm hex is the right size for 1/10th cars isnt it? or is it 14mm hex? i seem to have forgotten alot 😞 

120a esc?! they come standard as 35a 😄  that is easily enough for a much bigger motor lol

Edited by froggy8

11 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

your car wheels is what i wanted but in black, you got a link for them please? 12mm hex is the right size for 1/10th cars isnt it? or is it 14mm hex? i seem to have forgotten alot 😞 

120a esc?! they come standard as 35a 😄  that is easily enough for a much bigger motor lol

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/387200

Yes, 12mm hex, so most of the touring or rally cars wheels should fit

The esc is overkill, but I like upgrading (I think it’s an addiction😀), I had in my mind doing speed runs, but have actually ended up taking it to the local Astro track, and after a bit of suspension tweaking, it’s really good fun round there.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/387200

Yes, 12mm hex, so most of the touring or rally cars wheels should fit

The esc is overkill, but I like upgrading (I think it’s an addiction😀), I had in my mind doing speed runs, but have actually ended up taking it to the local Astro track, and after a bit of suspension tweaking, it’s really good fun round there.

i apologies, i should have mentioned that mine is a truggy so would these do?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/pro-line-trencher-hp-2.8in-all-terrain-belted-truck-tyres-mounted-on-raid-6x30-wheels-2--442035

these wheels and tires seems very badass 😄  i have got the parts to convert it back to buggy, just need wheels and shell. when i do change it to buggy then i could buy them wheels as yours as they do look great on a buggy but not sure about truggys.

if upgrades is an addiction then i think this  forum has a major problems as about 99.9 percent are addicted 😄 

1 minute ago, froggy8 said:

i apologies, i should have mentioned that mine is a truggy so would these do?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/pro-line-trencher-hp-2.8in-all-terrain-belted-truck-tyres-mounted-on-raid-6x30-wheels-2--442035

these wheels and tires seems very badass 😄  i have got the parts to convert it back to buggy, just need wheels and shell. when i do change it to buggy then i could buy them wheels as yours as they do look great on a buggy but not sure about truggys.

if upgrades is an addiction then i think this  forum has a major problems as about 99.9 percent are addicted 😄 

Ah, not sure on the Truggy, are they a different offset?

The ones you have linked may be a bit to big and heavy for the drivetrain, hopefully one of the other guys will know?

indeed there are a lot of sick people on here😀

8 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Ah, not sure on the Truggy, are they a different offset?

The ones you have linked may be a bit to big and heavy for the drivetrain, hopefully one of the other guys will know?

indeed there are a lot of sick people on here😀

i am not really sure on the offset, this is all new to me. 

i was really hoping them wheels would have worked as tehy would look awesome on mine, will have to keep looking to see which one would work.

😄 yep, that we are lol

for the shell i really wanted this one:

https://www.phatbodies.co.uk/product/losi-mini-8ight-carisma-gt14b-kaboom-truggy

but we know it wont fit as its for a losi 😞 

i want my truggy to look bit like this:

20200925-205004-63ac72c2c923864c1632114c

Edited by froggy8

4 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

i am not really sure on the offset, this is all new to me. 

i was really hoping them wheels would have worked as tehy would look awesome on mine, will have to keep looking to see which one would work.

😄 yep, that we are lol

for the shell i really wanted this one:

https://www.phatbodies.co.uk/product/losi-mini-8ight-carisma-gt14b-kaboom-truggy

but we know it wont fit as its for a losi 😞 

i want my truggy to look bit like this:

20200925-205004-63ac72c2c923864c1632114c

This one should fit https://www.phatbodies.co.uk/product/phat-bodies-k2-truggy-body-shell-and-wing-for-losi-mini-8ight-and-lc-racing-emb-1-lwb

LC racing do some black Truggy Wheels.

https://shop.lcracing.net/collections/1-14-4wd-brushless-truggy-emb-tgh-l/products/copy-of-l6248-1-14-pre-mounted-heavy-duty-block-pin-truggy-tires-yellow-2pcs-br-br-font-size-2-for-emb-tg-font

4 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

i completely forgot that shell, i have that in my bookmark 😄 

cheers mate, looks like am sorted now for wheels and shell. next mission is to try make this thing look neater.

• Like 1

The LC Racing EMB-MT wheels and tyres are the same size and offset as the Truggy wheels, and have a tread pattern suspiciously similar to the proline trenchers you linked above.

https://dms-racing.com/spare-parts/lc-racing-spares/lc-racing-emb-mt-spares/pre-mounted-monster-truck-tyres-on-black-wheels-pr-emb-mt-detail

If you’re just bashing about I think they are a pretty good option as they seem to have reasonable grip and have a little extra squish over the normal truggy wheels (they have slightly smaller rims) to help soak up some of the bumps. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, froggy8 said:

that link for the truggy wheels are from abroad, how long does the delivery usually take? i had a look on dms racing but they dont have them.

Sorry, it got past my bed time😀.

have ordered a few bits direct from LC, usually arrive within a couple weeks

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ag100 said:

I have the Emb1 buggy and run a Turnigy Nana tech 3s 2200mah, just had to trim the outsite tabs off the tray, have since removed the tray and am now using a Puretec racing velro strap, hold very well.

Oh they look pretty neat. I can’t seem to find them readily available in UK but I imagine there are similar alternatives 🤔 

9 minutes ago, Jam_up said:

Oh they look pretty neat. I can’t seem to find them readily available in UK but I imagine there are similar alternatives 🤔 

Yes, I bought from Amain with a few other bits, I have the Extreme Quickmount one.

bit yes I’m sure there are similar on eBay/Amazon 

I’d be a bit wary of putting those eBay wheels onto one of the EMB rigs as they are a LOT bigger that the Truggy/Monster Truck wheels (125mm vs 85mm) and probably a lot heavier too. Obviously I’ve not personally tried running them but I would expect them to lunch your diffs and drivetrain pretty quickly and the extra weight may be a bit much for the suspension parts too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigGinge said:

I’d be a bit wary of putting those eBay wheels onto one of the EMB rigs as they are a LOT bigger that the Truggy/Monster Truck wheels (125mm vs 85mm) and probably a lot heavier too. Obviously I’ve not personally tried running them but I would expect them to lunch your diffs and drivetrain pretty quickly and the extra weight may be a bit much for the suspension parts too. 

cheers buddy

just trying to get some different wheels, will have another look at some more 🙂 

10 hours ago, froggy8 said:

cheers buddy

just trying to get some different wheels, will have another look at some more 🙂 

What sort of surfaces do you want them for? I think I put a list of potentials together a while back when I was getting bits for my truggy kit, I could see if I could find that if it would be useful?