• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

1 hour ago, mk1collector said:

I saw those but was after a shorter one unfortunately. Ah well, the search continues.

I got one for my EMB-1 buggy from Trade 4 me .de, they only seem to list the SCT One now, but may with worth dropping them an email, it is made by OneHobby.

https://www.trade4me.de/en/OneHobby-CFK-Kit-3mm-Gold-for-SCT-010GFKG

58 minutes ago, mk1collector said:

I’ve just got an email back from them, they say they won’t ship to the uk but they haven’t given me a reason.

it begins with "B"

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

The LC12B1 is going strong, though life gets in the way too much to actually run the thing. I cant remember if i put the photos on here yet, so here we go.

The LC racing shell with buggy wheels, and the Phat bodies K2 shell with the LC racing Truggy wheels

20210430_153518.jpg

20210430_153525.jpg

20210430_155325.jpg

20210430_155334.jpg

• Like 1

I was thinking about speed runs etc when i got the car, but its such a great drive, ive decided to leave it as it is. the centre motor mount is a bit restrictive for batteries. In practice it just means smaller packs, which is fine as they are only about £9 for a 1.5Ah 2s pack from hobbyking, and £12 for a 1.3Ah 3s.

So now i have a new plan.... Ive requested the truggy kit for christmas, and i'll make that a speed machine. The layout will help with battery choices. i'll proabably look at the phat bodies Zero or Hammer bodyshells. They are the ones that fit the longer chassis. There looks to be reasonable space under the hammer shell. The Zero does look cool though.

Question for you truggy owners... Could you measure the space between the motor and the servo for me? 

Thanks

Edited by champ222

3 hours ago, champ222 said:

Question for you truggy owners... Could you measure the space between the motor and the servo for me? 

With a 2845 motor in I’d say you might have 59 mm between the motor and servo, though 58 mm might be a safer number to go with. This ignores any wires coming out of the motor and stops at the servo mounting tabs rather than the main body of the servo. 

25B335E1-F3AB-49F9-82B2-47455C3C433C.thumb.jpeg.ef6eddda1e15c54b9edf1903a0096d87.jpeg

• 1 month later...

ok, i have just received the EMB-MT motor, i was wondering if the motor would be ok for my absima sprint?

20211201-145144.jpg

20211201-145152.jpg

20211201-145212.jpg

i am guessing this is still related to the thread as the EMB-MT motor is lc racing. hopefully this is ok to ask.

My son has a Q901 which is one of these which comes as standard with a brushed motor and ESC. The Image linked below states this comes with a 2845 motor so you are probably ok to fit the one from an LC Racing buggy/MT.

spacer.png

You might be able to use one of the ESCs from the Q901 with most of your existing electronics if you do try and go down this route:

https://uk.banggood.com/Xinlehong-Q901-Q902-Q903-Receiver-Board-35A-ESC-QZJ06-for-1-or-16-RC-Car-Vehicles-Spare-Parts-p-1545337.html?cur_warehouse=CN

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

My son has a Q901 which is one of these which comes as standard with a brushed motor and ESC. The Image linked below states this comes with a 2845 motor so you are probably ok to fit the one from an LC Racing buggy/MT.

spacer.png

You might be able to use one of the ESCs from the Q901 with most of your existing electronics if you do try and go down this route:

https://uk.banggood.com/Xinlehong-Q901-Q902-Q903-Receiver-Board-35A-ESC-QZJ06-for-1-or-16-RC-Car-Vehicles-Spare-Parts-p-1545337.html?cur_warehouse=CN

many thank for that, i was thinking about it just for laugh. 

I’ve put a little more detail in the response in my build thread but I’ve just zip tied mine to the top deck plate. Haven’t had any issues with range doing this, at least for what I’ve been using this car for (bashing)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigGinge said:

I’ve put a little more detail in the response in my build thread but I’ve just zip tied mine to the top deck plate. Haven’t had any issues with range doing this, at least for what I’ve been using this car for (bashing)

thank you very much mate, will have a read on it now 🙂 

earlier when i was looking through all this thread for a picture of the aerial, i found out that i posted on this thread at the year 2015, apparently i had a lc racing desert truck which, for the life in me, i cannot remember. i only remember only having the buggy version, tis very strange i tell ya.

• Haha 1

not really that keen on the shell though, also could do with some different wheels too.

any suggestions guys?

anyone know what wheels these are?

dsc-5929-981f41d3d928b532e5f254e24219363

Edited by froggy8

36 minutes ago, turok007 said:

once the shell is on it will be out the way

i thought of that but the ocd of me does not agree, i want to try make it look professional like all the people on here do with their cars.

Finally back to my LC12B1 build (other stuff took over!) and was wondering how people fit a 3s lipo? Most batteries I’ve seen are over 100mm meaning the battery posts will need to be cut, so would something like velcro tape to secure the lipo be good enough in that case? 

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Jam_up said:

Finally back to my LC12B1 build (other stuff took over!) and was wondering how people fit a 3s lipo? Most batteries I’ve seen are over 100mm meaning the battery posts will need to be cut, so would something like velcro tape to secure the lipo be good enough in that case? 

Cheers. 

I have the Emb1 buggy and run a Turnigy Nana tech 3s 2200mah, just had to trim the outsite tabs off the tray, have since removed the tray and am now using a Puretec racing velro strap, hold very well.

• Thanks 1