• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GTB - 1/16th belt drive offroad micro thread

c0sie

Cant drive, gotta fight dirty?  :tease:

Ooooo yeah, MSUK support! :)

Going down Rich! Sending you into the wall  :thumbsup: The 1/10 and the micro. :tank:

I can see it already, stuck on the Wallride..... " FINISH HIM " Mortal Komat style!

On second thoughts, please be gentle, I just put a new body on the 1/10! ;)

Going down Rich! Sending you into the wall  :thumbsup: The 1/10 and the micro. :tank:

I can see it already, stuck on the Wallride..... " FINISH HIM " Mortal Komat style!

On second thoughts, please be gentle, I just put a new body on the 1/10! ;)

Sent yourself into the wall didnt you lol. (sorry, shouldn't laugh)

IMAG5902_zps94321ffe.jpg

On the other hand my GTB went alright for its first time out :)

• Like 1

Hey, that bodyshell looks rather fetching! Oh yeah, it's my smashed up car :(

Your right you shouldn't laugh! 2nd time I've snapped an arm there! Hahaha. Least I kept the micro together long enough for a win :)

Your micro went incredible for a 1st outing, really on the pace already. The speeds are incredible.

• Like 1

Me, Rtsbasic and DirtMonkee are going to the Acron Centre this Sunday for the Torbay indoor series so i will try and get some vids up of the the Micro's :)

They get good numbers of cars. Usually around 60 10th scale and around 20 Micro's. A good 95% of these are Carisma's :)

Anyone else in the south west should take a drive to Torquay on Sunday, it's book in on the day and they have handout transponders. Tenth buggy and micro buggy are the main classes but they do an outlaw class mixed stadium/sct/4wd heat as well :)

w

Me, Rtsbasic and DirtMonkee are going to the Acron Centre this Sunday for the Torbay indoor series so i will try and get some vids up of the the Micro's :)

They get good numbers of cars. Usually around 60 10th scale and around 20 Micro's. A good 95% of these are Carisma's :)

Who is dirtmonkee lol

Looking forward to it. 1st proper outing for the micro. Hope my DIY fan stays in place for super cool running :)

IMAG5912_zps306e1cb2.jpg

Edited by RCMonkee

Alloy motor mount helps with cooling thumbs do one with heat sink on it to help too, I swapped to a leopard 4 pole to help also with a heat sink on the motor too, it would be good to transfer some heat to my hands in this weather lol

Si

Alloy motor mount helps with cooling thumbs do one with heat sink on it to help too, I swapped to a leopard 4 pole to help also with a heat sink on the motor too, it would be good to transfer some heat to my hands in this weather lol

Si

haha yeh, little hand warmer after each race. I have a heat sink to fit. I just went for the cheapskate option for now :)

Edited by RCMonkee

w

Who is dirtmonkee lol

Looking forward to it. 1st proper outing for the micro. Hope my DIY fan stays in place for super cool running :)

IMAG5912_zps306e1cb2.jpg

Lol how did i get that so wrong haha?!?!

That looks even better seeing it on the big screen. You could sell the idea to Thumbs!

• 3 weeks later...

My GTB is ready for the maiden run tomorrow night.

It would seem these little motors don't have any timing built in which is strange. I wonder what the original application for them was.

A small amount of timing on the esc and cogging is none existent :)

First outing with the gtb went well. I was running 2nd in the 4wd A final until the front shock tower snapped. Carbon tower ordered.

How do you adjust the servo saver? It was looser than I'd like but turning the (very stiff) collar does nothing as far as I can tell.

First outing with the gtb went well. I was running 2nd in the 4wd A final until the front shock tower snapped. Carbon tower ordered.

How do you adjust the servo saver? It was looser than I'd like but turning the (very stiff) collar does nothing as far as I can tell.

You turn the ally adjusting nut. I had to threadlock mine as it kept working it's way loose and limiting the steering one way!

Metal still the better option.

Struggling to think of an advantage? I've done everything from National level racing to backflips on insane jumps with mine, not broke a carbon tower yet (Thumbs Design ones).