• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra glamis uno thread

BORO-ROB

That last pic is awesome. No problem with my dif so far though not used it enough yet. As an update Modelsport contacted the UK distributor and they dispatched a new fan to me which arrived today. Great service all round. Hope this one lasts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Just posting to let you know I've uploaded a review of the Glamis Uno on my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/tetrapanax1 . Worth a look if you are considering buying this buggy. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Got one two weeks ago, loving it so far. I'm on 3S Lipo (Overlander 4250Mah 30C), it's pretty fast and handles very well for a 2WD. It's very well put together however there's quite some play on the front wheels.

I fitted the optional sway bar kit, the LED light kit and got the paddle tyres for when I go to the beach. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Other than the small size for a 1/8th, I'm very happy with it so far.

• Like 1

Got one two weeks ago, loving it so far. I'm on 3S Lipo (Overlander 4250Mah 30C), it's pretty fast and handles very well for a 2WD. It's very well put together however there's quite some play on the front wheels.

I fitted the optional sway bar kit, the LED light kit and got the paddle tyres for when I go to the beach. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Other than the small size for a 1/8th, I'm very happy with it so far.

Can you make a decent vid?

• 1 month later...

I'll try and post something on youtube this weekend.

Multics has sold me this now so I guess being a seaside dweller I'd best take up his mantle and get you some video.. I've got a meet planned at the weekend for a bash so hopefully the sun will be shining on the righteous ;)

Got one a week ago. It runs well,but better after I calibrated the esc. I used the stock battery, but also have a 3s 4000mah nano tech which fits ok. Put some wheels with proline sand paws on and its a blast on the beach.

I have heard of spur gears melting if the motor is hot and is left standing for a while, but not had that happen.

Handling is great and I have a few short course wheels and tyres I can use as well. Will get some video the weekend hopefully.

Got one a week ago. It runs well,but better after I calibrated the esc. I used the stock battery, but also have a 3s 4000mah nano tech which fits ok. Put some wheels with proline sand paws on and its a blast on the beach.

I have heard of spur gears melting if the motor is hot and is left standing for a while, but not had that happen.

Handling is great and I have a few short course wheels and tyres I can use as well. Will get some video the weekend hopefully.

Running well then? Tough? Survives the odd tumble?

I'm hoping so Admiral, the review on bigsquid was good, and it survived some pretty intense durability tests and tims 3s running vid earlier linked to shows it getting a fair hammering and surviving it, what attracts me is i want a sand rail but don't have anywhere to store a 1/5 so this may well be just what I've been looking for..

• Like 1

I'm hoping so Admiral, the review on bigsquid was good, and it survived some pretty intense durability tests and tims 3s running vid earlier linked to shows it getting a fair hammering and surviving it, what attracts me is i want a sand rail but don't have anywhere to store a 1/5 so this may well be just what I've been looking for..

All good answers! Cheers, I like the idea of a pocket sized Baja too!

• Like 1

I got a little bit of video last week at a beach. With paddle tyres on 3s it would wheelie and drift pretty good also. Even 2s is pretty fast. I wonder what it would be like on tarmac with some road tyres :)

It did break actually, but after a big cartwheel which broke a rear shock shaft at the bottom rod end. A pair of shafts is only about

Edited by M1tchy

I got a little bit of video last week at a beach. With paddle tyres on 3s it would wheelie and drift pretty good also. Even 2s is pretty fast. I wonder what it would be like on tarmac with some road tyres :)

It did break actually, but after a big cartwheel which broke a rear shock shaft at the bottom rod end. A pair of shafts is only about

Thanks. Yep shock shafts and the plastic beadlocks seem to be the weak points. I may upgrade both soon. Bashing tomorrow so will see how it goes. Might get some big air vids recorded to add to the car park dust vid.

Thanks. Yep shock shafts and the plastic beadlocks seem to be the weak points. I may upgrade both soon. Bashing tomorrow so will see how it goes. Might get some big air vids recorded to add to the car park dust vid.

I already have some gmade piggyback shockers that I'm fitting to mine when it arrive, the backs are only 103mm long however so I'll be modding them with some traxxas jato long rod ends to get the right length, I'm not a fan of beadlock rims either, they let go far yo easily at high rpms. I'm gonna try dots of glue all the way round to sort of semi glue them and if that doesn't work then I'll just glue it all down and bin the rims when the tires are dead..

Just got the rear shocks shafts, so they will be fitted sometime soon . I am uploading a video of the Glamis on the beach  with paddle tyres.

It will be here when its finished uploading

Nice video. You picked a great day for it. What location is that? What size are those Sand Paws? They look a little small compared with the stock wheels/tyres. I'm not sure what size wheel/tyre set to go for to replace my stock rears. Will any 1/8th with 12mm hex look right or 1/10 short course? I've tried my Stampede wheels with Pro-Line Trenchers which looked a bit stupid as they are too wide. I want to keep the stock look really.

Nice video. You picked a great day for it. What location is that? What size are those Sand Paws? They look a little small compared with the stock wheels/tyres. I'm not sure what size wheel/tyre set to go for to replace my stock rears. Will any 1/8th with 12mm hex look right or 1/10 short course? I've tried my Stampede wheels with Pro-Line Trenchers which looked a bit stupid as they are too wide. I want to keep the stock look really.

Tbf I reckon those paws are a bit on the small side, nice vid tho, proline do some short course paddles called sling shot they'll be a taller profile tire similar to the stockers and short course rims are pretty cheap, you'll be wanting 12mm hex jobs I believe..

That vid has got me really wanting to hit the beach at the weekend.. ;)

They are 2.2 inch sand paws. yes a bit small, but all I have. The beach is Thurlstone in south devon. Its small stones rather than sand, but the rest of the beach was too busy. Must get to some sand dunes down in  Cornwall  sometime.

Edited by M1tchy

That's a rocket on 3s! Love it, although you've got a rotten cameraman! Ha ha! Jokes! I appreciate it's hard to keep up with a fast moving object when you have the sun shining on the screen!

Yeah, my nephew loves to zoom in too close lol. I also forgot to put the camera on continuous focus. It is a fun car and worth the money in my opinion. There  aren't  many cars that have a aluminium chassis these days, and the problems such as shock shafts etc are cheap to fix.

This will replace my old Kyosho desert buggy as thats getting a bit  old  now.

Edited by M1tchy