• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

I had a look on their site and eBay page yesterday as said was out of stock? Is there a couple of these dollar shops? Might explain why I didn't see it? How does this import tax and other things work? I've never really ordered from abroad

has anyone tried any of these? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hpi+9068-6081&biw=320&bih=452&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=r-QbVbikLYTm7gaSjoGwDA&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAA

same rolling radius as the fastrax, just not sure on the offset...

Edited by stevo2551

I noticed whist looking at motors that the vektor 4000kv shows different looking connectors on different pics, both look like bullet syle, but on one they look short and stumpy (same as the flux screem on my trophy) and the other looks longer? Is this likely to cause any issues for me?

I noticed whist looking at motors that the vektor 4000kv shows different looking connectors on different pics, both look like bullet syle, but on one they look short and stumpy (same as the flux screem on my trophy) and the other looks longer? Is this likely to cause any issues for me?

Hmmm, see what you mean, but HPI06768 part number is correct for both WR8 and Savage XS Flux! I can only assume it's an old picture they've used.

Have you ordered? Be worth dropping them an email to confirm.

I'll dbl chk my spare when I get home, but I'm sure it has the stubbier connectors, and I bought that 2yrs ago from Dollar!

Fwiw, they should still fit. Worst cae scenario is you'd have to solder new connectors to motor- but that's highly unlikely imo.

Edited by J.A.Son

Hmm my thought exactly, I've not had chance to get to the Mrs bank yet to put the funds in mine with her working all these bank holiday hours so it's likely that I won't get to order any parts until next week now anyway. Have you had any issues with ordering from overseas as I've seen a few posts about on this forum and others with people getting slapped with extra bills for vat ect...

They usually label parts as Toys, which if I'm not mistaken are exempt?

I've ordered plenty of stuff over the years and never had to pay up :D ...famous last words...... O:

I have 2 hpi vektor 4000kv motors and they both have different connectors, one came in my WR8, I bought the other as a spare for the WR8 but have fitted it in a savage xs. The motor connects with no problems to the vapor pro ESC in the WR8 and also the vapor pro in the savage xs. The only difference is that the connector sticks out slightly on the motor with the longer connectors.

Here's a couple of pictures showing the different connectors, excuse the mess of the WR8 I just had it out and haven't cleaned it yet :)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=215afca5029fd815!32716&authkey=!AEY5Y_Qq3S0yZp4&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=215afca5029fd815!32723&authkey=!AGlrVxUAtGU63_U&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=215afca5029fd815!32721&authkey=!ACUYUc5Av8xKjuY&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Edited by jamesd
  • Like 2

Thanks for taking the pics to show the difference James, as long as it's a nice tight fit I don't think it'll be too much effort to cover the remainder if it comes with these :-D

Thanks for taking the pics to show the difference James, as long as it's a nice tight fit I don't think it'll be too much effort to cover the remainder if it comes with these :-D

No problem, the connections are nice an tight on both my Vapor pro ESC's with either or motor. So I dont think you will have any problems. The motor I have with the short connectors came factory on my WR8 and the motor with the bigger connectors I bought on eBay as a set second hand with the vapor pro esc as a spare. I think the set I bought on eBay came out of a Savage XS as I have recently bout a Savage XS rolling chassis and went to order a pinion, and relised the pinion on my spare motor was a Savage XS one.

Well that tells me all I wanted to know to be honest.

If at best it's only as good as a WR8, seems a bit pointless.

Thanks for that.

Well, I had managed to convince myself that I didn't want a DRX.

Then, I found this for sale.

20D05C8B-D6EC-4820-8CA7-CD0DC15D056C.jpg

It was so cheap I just couldn't refuse. only been run once so it's as good as mint.

So, at least now I get to see for myself how they compare to my WR8.

I know this is the WR8 thread but thought I'd share.

• Like 1

Scale wise, how does that DRX body compare to the WR8 impreza bodies?

Admittedly only from looking at pictures, but to me the hpi body looks wrong somehow- the wheelbase, f-r overhang seems odd?

• Like 1

I know what you mean.

They're nice but not quite right. The proportions of the Kyosho subaru look closer to me.

First run with the DRX in my other thread.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Not had a chance to update on the car since i came on last, work and stuff has been a bit mental.

The problem i had was a leaky carb, the rubber wouldnt seal and fuel was not making it into the engine.

On the pic below you can see where its all wet from the leak.

InstagramCapture_8deffb24-4c40-4f4b-8150

I ended up replacing the carb and will look at fixing the broken one and keeping it as a spare.

Took the car into the garden in the hope of seeing it run and it started very briefly..... it went into full on scream mode for a few seconds then died, despite being on a little more than idle. 

WP_20150202_001_zps8ijubb50.jpg

I kept trying to start it and it got close a few times but thats it.  When it started the first time and when it got close the time after i noticed that the fuel in the line kind of turned to bubbles.  Not just a couple of bubbles but almost like honeycomb or the head on a pint. 

As ive never had a clear fuel line beofre im not too sure if this is supposed to happen, i doubt it personally, so i have ordered some more fuel line as its pretty cheap and while i was shopping i ordered a fuel filter, exhaust gaskets and an exhaust gas cooler as it wasnt very much.

Is the engine supposed to be able to hold its own weight with its compression?  Hold the engine horizontal and turn the flywheel until piston starts to compress and then let go of the engine and just hold the fly wheel, the compression on my truggy engine will hold it up

WP_20141229_011_zpsc94f33f3.jpg

Doing exactly the same test this is how far it gets before stopping.

InstagramCapture_a3855ee3-ee8c-4b17-9d4a

i know they are different engines but just want to know if this means there is going to be a loss of power or it is completely normal for this type of engine.

Cheers

Martin

Love it.

Come on give us details.

Only fitted it today.

The ESS PRO is almost exactly the same as the Team Associated ESS ONE, just a few minor differences.

Lots of downloadable sounds. Engines, dump valves, waste gate sounds, etc etc.

some a free, some you have to pay for, $1-$2 so no biggie.

Only had a quick chance to try it out side for a couple of minutes.

It's fair to say that the noise from the WR8 transmission and tyre noise etc does drown it out somewhat unless the car is quite close.

But, as yet, I haven't got the volume up full.

Overall it's a decent package I reckon. I'll try and get a running vid of it soon.