• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Lol, no there's no on/off switch, just battery connector. Its one less thing to get wet/go wrong and makes for a neater look.

If you want a body for bashing you can't go wrong with one of these Adu Dhabi bodies.

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/196837/

They don't have a spoiler, but for

Edited by J.A.Son

That's a bit more reasonable at that price for a body, and with the traxxas 1/16 spoiler for a fiver they look nice together (good research and development there) I've still got 2 years of this thread to catch up on, I'm getting there slowly haha I will definitely be trimming the spoiler to make it more usable too.

Did you mention 100,000wt diff oil for the center? I've recently done my trophy buggy flux diffs 7kf 10,000c 5kr but that was measured in cst. my theory is that if I go exactly the same on the wr8 it should handle similar? (from a power transfer point of view) as the tb wheelies but not stupidly like the savages...

Just ordered the bearing kit as per suggestions (j.a.son) so when that arrives I can crack on with stripping the diff internals and replacing the old funky grease with nice fresh oils. Then maybe look at a set of wheels so at least I've got a roller then haha

• Like 1

Happy birthday dude enjoy your new toy, I got my bearing kit through the post today, 18 bearings in the kit, I haven't had chance to sit down and fit them yet, so I'm kind of asking prematurely but, x8 wheels, x6 diffs, x2 for the steering, with 2 left over? Does that mean 2 bearings replace each plastic 'bush' on the steering posts or am I confused? Haha I'll have a Propper look after tea anyhew

• Like 1

Stevo, yes you're right, they're to replace plastic steering bushes.

Just incase you're unaware, the steering posts have a top and bottom end with one end (can't recall which) having a VERY slight rebate inside- its hardly noticeable, even when you know about it, lol!

Stops the top screw from over tightening and binding the steering action.

Ahh, now you've just said that, I now know why I had to do a bit of jiggery-pokery with tiny washers on top of my steering mount when I did my trophy flux a while ago. Niceone, that did my head in for a while with the binding until I modified it. Looks like I'll be stripping that down for another look too whilst I'm at it. I won't be doing the center diff tonight as I don't have any 100k but I can do front and rear. You guys are running 10k f+r? I think I have 10,7,5k in my toolbox...

Edited by stevo2551

I've stripped cleaned and and filled the front diff with 10k cst oil, rebuilt all the shocks with fresh 30wt and built all the front end back up with new diff and wheel bearings. I think I got away with the original x4 diff screws as I used a torx bit but one dit start to slip right at the end so only time will tell. Off to the model shop tomorrow for some 100k then maybe get that done if I have some time....I do like tinkering

not sure which that is tbh, I reused everything but the screws on the rear I've just built up, I had 6 small washers/ spacers on the inside of each diff- 2 per shaft and one each over the rubber seals? They were all fine though

These were the bigger washers under the larger spider gears on the output sides of my diffs.

It is good that yours were fine, I wonder if they only get deformed from being stressed with thicker fluid? I was running 10k front and rear and this is what my shim/washers looked like  :shockingscary:

I'm not sure if anyone else with similar set ups have put the beat down like I did with my car last summer ;-) I was driving it almost every other day on high traction pavement. It was pretty fun stuff! See here for example: 

http://youtu.be/38W1-Mzh5Jc 

Edited by Mgozzz

Was ALOT of fun - plenty of carnage and alot of rubbing door handles. 5 laps with a joker goes quick!! :-D

Sadly no videos were taken, we'll get some next time.

Edited by 888racer
  • Like 3