• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Radio Gear..Whats the shizzle?

Mr Drifta

Right had a VERY lucky escape earlier, Nitro TC went nuts while doing a flat out dough nut, had NO radio control, and FS never kicked in either!!??

Managed to get a hold of it and kill it...nearly lost me fingers in the Drive train though :cussing2:

So Im on the prowl, this old cheapo stuff is no good for my new EU...

My priorities are..

1. RANGE and Interfearence protection are paramount..i want miles of range as Safely as possible!!

2. Model memory..you know buy a couple of extra recievers and boom got em all under one roof.

3. Price

4. all the perks, esp urganomics.

Now ive spotted this http://www.modelsport.co.uk/spektrum-dx4s-4-channel-dsmr-surface-radio-system/rc-car-products/371370 ...

So what you peeps recommend then??

As always MUCH appreciation in advance :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hmm. I'd say low Flysky/Core RC, med Spektrum, high Futaba/Sanwa, stratospheric KO Propo! :)

Me, I'm using the Spektrum DX3C TX and a mixture of SR300 and SR200 RXes with my cars and boats, and they haven't failed me yet. The DX4S looks to be even better!

Edited by XV Pilot

futaba 4pl all the way no more range issues/ glitches

I narrowed my choice down to the Futaba 4PL and the Sanwa MT4. Went with the 4PL but think they are on a par with each other. The futaba can do about 1300 feet as shown by some guy that did a comparison test on youtube with a 3PK, 4PL & 4PKS. That really sold it for me along with the 40 model memory and backlit screen. Its also got so many extras (most of which you may never need) and in my opinion just blew the Spectrum out of the water. No regrets whatsoever.

I narrowed my choice down to the Futaba 4PL and the Sanwa MT4. Went with the 4PL but think they are on a par with each other. The futaba can do about 1300 feet as shown by some guy that did a comparison test on youtube with a 3PK, 4PL & 4PKS. That really sold it for me along with the 40 model memory and backlit screen. Its also got so many extras (most of which you may never need) and in my opinion just blew the Spectrum out of the water. No regrets whatsoever.

the guy was killer rc

the guy was killer rc

Cheers corbs10 mate. The other thing that helped me choose along the lines of the 4PL & MT4 was speaking to the guys at MMR largescale. They advised that futaba or sanwa were the most popular sellers for customers using 1/8 & 1/5 scale purely for the range. Really helpful people. Had two lengthy conversations over the phone with one guy there without even trying to sell them to me. Could have got it for

Cheers corbs10 mate. The other thing that helped me choose along the lines of the 4PL & MT4 was speaking to the guys at MMR largescale. They advised that futaba or sanwa were the most popular sellers for customers using 1/8 & 1/5 scale purely for the range. Really helpful people. Had two lengthy conversations over the phone with one guy there without even trying to sell them to me. Could have got it for

Myself and my mate a Spektrum's DX3C and both had terrible range ie 25 feet

?I sent mine back to get checked through an authorized dealer and it was still the same when i got it back

We both sold them and bought FlySky GT3C's

Range is unreal almost loose sight of the FG BAJA

Easy to set up

Cheap

Lipo battery

Recievers are only a couple of

Mega appreciate the response fella's, very good of you all to share your op's :arigato: :arigato: :arigato: :arigato: :arigato:

Now ive done some research on the DX4 watched the Hobbyking vid and just realised that if i want the features like telementory...ive to buy YET another Reciever!!

So why buy that over the Pro version????????????????????

Gotta say the Kopro does look awesome gear, although the handset look abit cumbersome to me..................

KEEP EM COMING people :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dont get spekky if your racing its not good enough, you want sanwa or kopro spektrum is frankly poop when youve got 10+ radios on next to you there signal isnt the best

Tbh mate racing isnt really what i'll be doing...my concerns are that we live in an age of interfearance from broadband wireless signal's, radio waves blah blah..

I want to try my dambdest to be sure that im protected, but get the range i want.... plus i dont want to have to be faffing about updating the system as seems to be the case with the speccy gear., and i fyou want the features like lipo, telementary you have to buy all that on top...works out to ni-on the pro gear model then??

Keep em coming folks...

The futaba can do about 1300 feet ? .. i think that was mtrs not feet .. 4pl all the way ...

Edited by jea