• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage XL Octane

.AJ.

Been in development along time, lots of worries over the prototype apparently, it doesn't perform too well. So should be interesting to see the end results.

Also, it's 3-speed box like the nitro savages, so that should help it move along with the high torquey thump of this engine!

Once more company's make 1/8th petrol engines nitro Is just gonna flop...many racers will use nitro but for bashers the befits of less mess, and cheaper running cost just can't be justified against buying a nitro so long as its not over priced.... But being a first new tech it will be,....but in a few years this is gonna be a bashers dream come true...oh god If I Ran nitro I'd be selling up asap my nitro gear once I found s out if this was able to fit my car...but being a leccy guy I'm not to fussed my self but this may just convert me!

It's so fat they had to cut a chunk of the chassis to make it fit. I like.

Exactly. They have had to redesign the TVP to fit the engine in, it's clearly larger than a standard nitro big-block, so I don't think it will be a simple drop-in replacement for buggies, truggies and the like, and that's ignoring the fact that you'll have to find somewhere to put the ignition coil....

Edited by DreXeL

Its certainly an interesting new genre and will be VERY popular assuming the price point isn't prohibitive.

However, the Savage platform compared to the LST2 or XXL just doesn't do it for me. I would therefore only be interested in the motor at some point when they become generally available.

I think garrys right and so it nick, its not viable to put in other vehcicals at the moment and it will be expensive...but give it 5+ years more developers will have there own version and all of them will be fighting to drive the price down, and bring in chinese clones who can copy it and not pay thr R+D costs and these thing are only gonna get smaller and cheaper and might be a viable alterntive to nitro for bashers and maby even low levle racers, just not hard core racers in the neear future.

i think there will be more then one engine type in the pipe line as i know hpi said it was going to be a 8cc or.50 gas engine and now its a 15cc or .91 sounds like there maybe a cheaper one and a high end one not that its a big deal you can run gas in almost any glow engine just need a plug and a cdi unit not hard to get

http://www.justengines.unseen.org/acatalog/Ignition_Systems_for_Glow_Engines.html get them here lol