• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

this was PAIN!

cameroooonk

Obviously a bit late for that pinion.

It depends if there's any of the grub proud of the pinion, or it's flush, or inside.

If sticking out, and the socket rounded so it no-longer permits good use of an allen key, a slot can be sawn into the grub to permit access to a larger 'blade' screwdriver.

If it's locked with threadlock, a little heat, like from a lighter, is said to help sometimes.

Al.

• Like 1

It does depend on what pinion type you are using though. Mine are mostly lightweight alloy one which means that the pinion itself is way softer than the grub screw, so the easiest way in is through the pinion body. That said I'd normally use a dremel to drill a couple of extra holes either side of the grub screw rather than cut the side down.

Has no one ever used one of these ??? http://www.irwin.com...ies-combo-packs

I sell them all the time. most recently to someone that has 14 seized grub screws in some shower taps they had to remove. No problems as they used them correctly(as i informed them) and within one hour of leaving the shop they had done the job and were home having a cup of tea!!! No broken taps and 14 new grub screws. some Lithium grease, one remover and two drill bits costing

Edited by JFS666