• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

where do you work on your 1/5 scales

Pistonpower

Hows the Saturday night Sunday morning going ? Well im bored so i thought why not pop a status up. where do you guys work on your 1/5 scales as i currently have put my 3 away due to lack off space to work on them all 3 need something sorting on them but i cant get in edge ways to get something done on them without someone moaning, they do take up alot off space.

Pistonpower

Edited by Pistonpower
  • Like 1

Oh so down sizing doesn't really working aha, i love petrol its just the space. When you have a billion people living in your house thats what happens i have no bloody rooms spare its a nightmare, i was thinking off shelling out for a shed but id need something pretty big for 3 1/5 scale cars

Hardcore! :)

Try fixing them in the garden when its -1C, NO THANKS! ;)

Keep mine in a locked and alarmed shed. With CCTV looking at it.

Last year was out there wrenching in -12c :lol: Baja's foams were frozen solid. Needless to say i only lasted about half an hour before i thought my hands were gonna drop off.

When I bought my current house, the thing that sold it to me was the 'shed'

Solid brick outbuilding about 12x8 with a proper flat roof. Proper exterior doors, alarm etc. and mains power. This year I plan to lag the roof for a bit more insulation. Have a gas heater out there to take the chill off when it's really cold. Add in a cheap I=Pod docking station and speakers, and I only need to come indoord to eat, sleep and..well...you know.

When I redid the kitchen I saved all the old kitchen units.....and that's my workbench and storage! Kitchen worktop makes a usable workbench, with the units underneath for storage.

When they need work....out they go

I take over the kitchen at night to do repairs, only downside is I have to finish what I start so it is all clean for the morning, I do have a nice big shed but it is not secure enough for the area I live in so it all stays indoors under the stairs, she does moan a bit when i forget to drain the fuel tank and there is a smell of petrol :tease:

I take over the kitchen at night to do repairs, only downside is I have to finish what I start so it is all clean for the morning, I do have a nice big shed but it is not secure enough for the area I live in so it all stays indoors under the stairs, she does moan a bit when i forget to drain the fuel tank and there is a smell of petrol :tease:

yeah, i have to be done before breakfast/lunch/dinner :sly:

This is quite a funny thread :xd: Although I don't run petrols, I keep all my cars in the log cabin we have in the back garden. It was meant to be a sun house for my whole family then they gave up trying to get in because of all my bits and bobs lying around in there. My dad decided to put a work bench all the way along the back (at least 12ft) and it has mains power and an electric heater :) Brilliant for working away till the middle of the night... Just got to stop myself 'testing' them after I've finished fiddling!! :harhar:

Was hoping to get a decent size new shed this year but it will have to wait til next year now as it will have insulated stud walls, insulated roof panels, power, heating and alarmed so will cost a bit to get sorted. It will double up as my home office so needs to be done properly. Until then its back to the dining table........

I store and repair my 2 largescales and other r/c's in my bedroom i have a big in wall cupboard with racking so they all fit nicely in along with the tools, and i have a large rubber mat to lay over the carpet when i work on them, they are not dirty though i empty petrol out and wash them off in the bath (waterproofing electrics is worth it) then oil the joints and i have painted all the other metal so it doesnt rust.

was kitchen table till i spilt nitro on it and removed the varnish very nicely ! missus wasnt to happy like :whistling: now struggle on in the shed till i get the new house wiv big man cave n workshop ! that was the main selling point for me !! :thumbsup:

I have a brick outhouse - used to be a washhouse back in the day I think. It has mains, lights, fridge, shelves, benches and cupboards - and it's secure

did I also mention the 32" flatscreen?

I also have a garage for heavier engineering.