• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MY NEW LUNCHBOX MORE MOD'S....

jason3249

im having issues with my custom bumpers, so i put the standard chrome on the pick up shell, i would take some pics but i have no front end on the chassis as im wait on a pair of turnbuckles ho hum

just sorting out my spares box and i will have loads of bits for sale :whistling: (just waiting for my cam battery to charge)

Thanks m8 :)

Right i dont no why i brought them but i did just to look good i suspose iv got 2 power caps fitted one for the reciever and one for the esc.....

Iv broke the motor in but put it back in its case as not gon fit it as no need at mo.....

What you all think... ;)

01AB53FB-2686-4D69-B595-32683958E232-6054-0000013CBAD27B37.jpgA1B08175-D015-49E1-9413-F850CB70E6DE-6054-0000016132BF1BFE.jpgE56EE471-D8C2-43D9-8FE2-93B4AA689FAC-6054-00000161365C05FA.jpg

And heres the water i broke it in with looks like a good black coffee lol :)

BA89098C-3BD5-442F-8A58-FC506AE15EDB-6880-0000016ED349F6A3.jpg

Edited by jason3249

im having issues with my custom bumpers, so i put the standard chrome on the pick up shell, i would take some pics but i have no front end on the chassis as im wait on a pair of turnbuckles ho hum

just sorting out my spares box and i will have loads of bits for sale :whistling: (just waiting for my cam battery to charge)

Pm you.... ;)

Edited by jason3249

Im gon go down to ordered another LB then just got to wait for it to come into the shop then can bash that Instead of useing the other one wil post the Build on this topic and got to start moding my boys one well its got the 5th shock mod so far got loads of spare parts coming so that wil help Thanks to flash... ;)

Edited by jason3249

how do you break in the motor?

Sounds good mate...

PM me about your method of breaking the motor in will you... not seen this before.

Thanks, Nige

all you do is pop the motor in a cup of water i do mine for 20 mins can do longer

the water will go black as you all no thats a good thing

turn the controller up not to much just so you can see the water circulating/current

the water is a coolent so it keeps it cool as you no.......

it brakes in the brushes alot better on the motor b4 you start to rag it or use it...

and the motor willl last longer.......

i use old radio gear and esc just in case but not had a problem yet been doing it for years

or you can wire a AA batt to the motor and do it that way my way is just easier.......

Edited by jason3249

dont do it with a brushless motor tho and be carefull with a motor with a turbo fan in it as the water will go everywhere

lol......

did say a page back dont do it on a brushless motor like to see what happens lol ;)

Edited by jason3249

Well im dun with my build on to the next lb build got loads of lb bits coming so instead of buying one im gon make one out of bits iv got coming and what iv got left over see how far i get... ;)..

Will post afew pics of all the stuff iv got to build with when all turns up ;)

I've always wondered how effective your front bracing is... real strut braces have solid ends/fixing points as it prevents warping, but you have the plastic ball eye type things on the end which would allow movement. Wouldn't it be better to have solid fixings?

Edited by preppeller

I've always wondered how effective your front bracing is... real strut braces have solid ends/fixing points as it prevents warping, but you have the plastic ball eye type things on the end which would allow movement. Wouldn't it be better to have solid fixings?

Works fine m8 theres no play in it ;)

Edited by jason3249

no arb or rarb on mine i may put a panhard rod on the back tho but i have parts for this new winter project turning up so may have to go on the back burner for a bit, hence why i had a clear out needed funds to buy new parts

there was a full diff set in there and a shafts for it in a little bag inc the middle diff pin - but you may of lost it

done the upper links on the arms after getting my second set of turnbuckels this morning hurrm a nice set of tamiya hard turnbuckles part number OP-943

im using losi 8b long rod ends 3mm but the ball ends have a 3mm and thay are dead on 3.000mm hole where a as a normal EU spec 3mm bolt is actually 3.25 so im having to re drill them good news is i have 1 left todo

its nearly done i was waiting on a bit for the shell what come this morning with the turnbuckles, a bit more wiring and its done

that ballend is in the wrong way in that arm there a set of steering linkages in that stuff too all made up to the correct stock lenght and checked with a vernier gauge

fastrax do the right size ball ends with a long thread on them so you can nut them up

early night for me as its been a long day again