• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Never used WONGA.COM but they have taken over

SirusDviruS

your not the first atleast two other people on here have had the same thing happen this week they just seem todo what they want nowadays and got onto your bank first thing tomorrow and you should get your money back with no problems

Who else has had this problem on here out of interest?

Watchdog had story on them 2-3 weeks about exact samething taking money long after been paid back.

Ive never used them!!!!!!!!!!

I will be phoning my Banks fruad dept first thing tomorrow. Cant go in branch due to work. Will keep this thread updated. I have contacted Watchdog as well!

After I speak to my bank I'm going to write letters to Wonga and who ever over see's how cowboys like this opperate. (they wont be nice letters)

Phoned my bank, they put me through to wonga who confirmed it was fraud (and didn't apologise). Back to the bank who stopped my card and refunded me.

Then phoned the police and got a crime number.

Spent about 45 mins of my mobile bill on the phone when I should of been working and can't access my own money for a week, but.....

I got my money back :)

I assume this is because the "fraudster" is getting your details, uses Wonga to borrow money to their own account but uses yours to make the repayment?

It would be interesting to know how they are getting peoples details so easily, there must be a serious secuirty flaw somewhere for people to get access to this many peoples account details?

they reckon theyrd using trojans watching everything you type and do on your pc so ive heard

hapened o me aswell last week for my last 35 quid getting it bk tho

My PC is up to date, firewall, antivirus. Religiously CCleaned, Malewarebytes pre start up scaned once a month. PCs are a bit of a hobby of mine.

It's far more likely some scum bag is selling customer details.

I assume this is because the "fraudster" is getting your details, uses Wonga to borrow money to their own account but uses yours to make the repayment?

Spot on mate.

Edited by SirusDviruS

My PC is up to date, firewall, antivirus. Religiously CCleaned, Malewarebytes pre start up scaned once a month. PCs are a bit of a hobby of mine.

It's far more likely some scum bag is selling customer details.

so is mine mate i used pc alot but i cant remember where id seen this it was talktalk or sky homepage and they are currently under investigation