• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How do you have a bash proof car?

hbro789

Every car will/does/can break no matter what make it is. The HPI is only regarded the best by people who own them and it's certainly not the best all round. The Losi, MCD and FTX are all good untill they wear out and MCD's do this for fun.

Competition cars... Hoerman is the most popular in the UK followed by Elcon, Contrast and FG but that doesn't say a thing because with the right promotion, the tables could be turned upside down - TBH there is little in it anyway.

Touring cars/trucks/F1 you'll face the same problems and more than you do with an off road car.

@ feedtheinferno are you bringing your Losi to the freeprawn supercup?

• Like 1

I love the Losi 5ive as much as the next man but i didn't consider them as a Basher by a long shot? i may be wrong but i always thought of them as a well build well designed track racer and the HPI Baja in a similar light but probably a bit more of a basher than the 5ive.

After the 1/5 scale grass track racing at the end of the 2012 MSUK Jam i walked round the track with some of you guys and found my self picking up lots of small parts from the cars and considering there was a few more Baja's than 5ives i seemed to have a pocket full of Losi 5ive parts and only 3 Baja parts!

I think allot of making your car Bash Proof "Not 100% Possible" is maintaining it to a good standard! replacing broken parts regular grease and oil and cleaning and making sure everything is tight after each run will prolong its usability and make it last through your bashing sessions.

There is always the Driver factor though like if your just going to take silly risks that please the crowds " Like We Love To Do!" then you have to expect breakages.

I do seem to notice that in my local hobby shop it is always full of FG cars though? maybe you FG owners are just too extreme for your cars as they are good quality but like anything in this hobby abuse it it will break in the end! :073:

The only vehicle that's 100% bashproof is the one that's never used!!

Maintenance is paramount - checking bolts, screws, nuts, turnbuckle settings, bushings, and just general wear .....

If you go over to LSF, nearly every Baja owner has trashed his 100x over!

Definitely +1 on the 'more care, training, and general thought as you drive' routine. Problem is, it is less fun !!

Al.

When you say you come home with problems are we talking general reliability problems here? If so its down to set up & maintenance Im afraid matey as above. If its breakages then again repeating what has already been said, any car can suffer but generally you should be getting a decent amount of durability from FG parts. Maybe time for a full nut & bolt strip down & rebuild with new screws, bearings etc

Tbh I think it's more me not setting them up correctly, I don't mode spending the money on them, I also love sitting down getting the tools out to fix/replace parts them I love going out too my local park to give it some abuse, only problem is I never get too the park because because there will be some other issue such as rounded off grub screws or stuck bolts lol

Tbh I think it's more me not setting them up correctly, I don't mode spending the money on them, I also love sitting down getting the tools out to fix/replace parts them I love going out too my local park to give it some abuse, only problem is I never get too the park because because there will be some other issue such as rounded off grub screws or stuck bolts lol

Strip it down & rebuild it 1 weekend when the weather is bad (take your pick lately!!) & do a full rebuild with new screws nuts & bolts. For the sake of

Definitely +1 on the occasionaly full bolt replace bit!!

It'll save you LOADS of hassle one day.

As Andy says, there's plenty of naff weekends to choose from THIS YEAR DAMMIT!! - sorry, just a tad of frustration - LOL!!

Al.

Hi just the way of it,you could try a Heli!!!!!!!!!!....

Goldman :030:

My RC was 1/8 nitro, 1/5 petrol, trex600 NSP heli, raptor 60 heli, tutor plane, jumper plane, then baja SS.

Sold all flying RC and I'm done with them, planes are cheep and simple to fly but bloody boring. But helis you want deep deep pockets, my heli was on the large side as these are said to be more stable in the air, but when they go in they go in. Cheapest repair on the heli was