• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noj's 5ive, going Rally, staying BL in 2016.

Noj

Hate to hijack Noj, but the Zippy bricks you have been using. I have a couple 4s bricks in my E Maxx and cannot for the life of me find a suitable tray to secure them. They are currently in a homemade tray which struggles to contain them.

Where can I find?

Cheers

Fortunately, they drop straight into badgers and 5ives...

Generally, you need to get creative with straps and ting in smaller scales

Tug is the man in the know about the Maxx chassis and zippy bricks.....perchance he'll add his wisdom to the mix :)

Mine came from rcmonster as part of the losi 5ive conversion kit. Contact Mike and see what he can do: he makes conversion kits for various rc models so may well be able to sort you out.

The 5ive tray would have to be cut down somewhat for a Maxx, BTW ;)

Sorry Noj, I really jacking your thread now.

The 4s 8000. Bricks do actually Fit in my non-stock config so am basically looking for 4 sides and a base to fit them in.

• 2 months later...

She lives...

.....despite the little 12s welding incident.... I physically broke the no spark resistor on that test, quick email to Bruno and replacements sent out same day. Resistor banding is Brown, black, black, gold....so if anyone knows the ohm and wattage, please shout up so I can get my own spares in ;)

Alien ESC and 425kv neu can fitted. Now, Nitro for some reason ordered a short shaft can, which, when combined with the adapter to mount it, means **** all shaft left to secure the pinny on...ergo, pinny flew off, first test run and is now waiting on threadlock to cure :(

Pics to come, a bit Heath Robinson on the install, however I'm not spending more money on a custom ESC mount until she is proven.

Didn't get above half throttle, as I've fitted the nomads back for street testing, and they give very little grip once speed increases.....oops! Reverse is disabled too, ergo need sufficient turning round room.

Laters

She lives...

.....despite the little 12s welding incident.... I physically broke the no spark resistor on that test, quick email to Bruno and replacements sent out same day. Resistor banding is Brown, black, black, gold....so if anyone knows the ohm and wattage, please shout up so I can get my own spares in ;)

Alien ESC and 425kv neu can fitted. Now, Nitro for some reason ordered a short shaft can, which, when combined with the adapter to mount it, means **** all shaft left to secure the pinny on...ergo, pinny flew off, first test run and is now waiting on threadlock to cure :(

Pics to come, a bit Heath Robinson on the install, however I'm not spending more money on a custom ESC mount until she is proven.

Didn't get above half throttle, as I've fitted the nomads back for street testing, and they give very little grip once speed increases.....oops! Reverse is disabled too, ergo need sufficient turning round room.

Laters

glad you got it sorted and 10 ohms and  5 % tolerance :)

Thanks RM :)

Felt good, very good. Limited space, so no full throttle runs or temps taken. Today was a 'does it work and will the pinny stay put' day....and the answer to both is yes :)

Brakes are set at 40%, the grabbing is intermittent...seems to be an alien thing...time will tell if it causes issues.

Proper field test next, with two lots of 12s for a proper shakedown, with temp gun. Will give accurate runtime too: reckon I've run for 15-20 mins so far, 8000mah packs came off at 15.8v today, which suggests good efficiency.

Running a 19t pinny with stock spur, temps were more than finger tolerable, perhaps a gear up will be in order.

Happy days :)

The theory is holding water, Prof. Tug :)

She did a cracking job...thinking of strapping the phone to it, gaffa and cable ties will see it reet ;)

Will swap to the hostiles as well, will see better grip than the stockers...provided they fit actually, as the extenders have been removed and they're on Baja SC rear wheels....