• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

With that motor you might have to trim a bit off of the top deck to make it fit properly,it does make a big difference over stock motor but limited to size of pinion that you can use.

Si

I have read that with a 19th pinion and 58th spur and the mini revo motor and a 2s battery its as fast as the stock motor on 3s. 

It will make a big difference in performance over the stock motor,it is a shame Losi didnt make the m8 with a bigger can motor to start with or at least the capacity to fit one with out and issuse.

Si

Finally got round to fitting the vorza shock top protectors it's only taken me a few months to get round to it lol

20130720_201329_zps99f0acd2.jpg

Si

Finally got round to fitting the vorza shock top protectors it's only taken me a few months to get round to it lol

Si

Si

Thats so cool, did u have to modify them? Or get any longer screws ?

Hey I was wondering where you guys keep the aerial, because I have only see poeple tie the aerial towards the rear wing mount. Where do u guys have ur aeiral

(I have the new receiver which is from a dx4s or dx4 and its longer then the other receives)

I did get longer screws because I have the 3mm carbon tower the original screws where just too short, I put a small washer at the back to stop the head of the screw going through the protector and thats it they fit great.

I have my aerial laying along the edge of the side guard going towards the front end.

20120930_160922-1_zpsbe8e29ae.jpg

Si

Edited by silone74

Has any one thought of using the Carisma motors in there m8 , they are i am sure almost identical but the Carisma has 3 versions the 4500kv,5700kv and a 6800kv,it would be interesting to see the performance of of the 5700 and 6800.

I knew the Carisma motors where the same,I don't know why Losi don't have the same range of motors for the m8 too instead of the one stock motor it would at least offer the choice and give Losi a chance to make more money lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen on another forum a guy using the 0808 motor but I think he uses a different esc as the micro pro had heat issuse if i remember correctly,I know now the 20mm can motors from castle are 4 pole they cope with the size of the m8 better than there older 2 pole motors that burnt out very quickly,in my opinion they seem to be expensive to get similar or slightly better performance over a stock set up,having now got myself an emb-1 the motor in that I can say would be perfect in a mini 8.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys been a interesting day and need your help.

I was driving my m8 on 3s with the turnigy ESC (35a) and i accidentally drove my m8 to an extent that my lipo went down all the way to 2%. Got every worried and lucky at the same time as I revived it, when the car packed in it wasn't giveing me any throttle just a cogging sound. There was a bad smell coming from the motor and ESC but mostly on the motor. After I waited 1 hours for the car to cool down and then fired it up again with another 3s pack and there was nothing but a wyning sound coming from the motor and some how I had to reverse the throttle for it to go forward but the smell came again and then my ESC and my motor became very hot, keep in mind the cars only be switched on for around 7seconds. What's gone wrong, help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am new to the Losi M8 and have been reading this great forum...

I know it was ages ago this question came up (but I only just read it)...someone was asking about aluminium gear box covers....found these (and aluminium everything else in a range of colours!) at:

http://www.asiatees.com/model?Team%20Losi-Mini%208IGHT-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Team%20Losi&model=Mini%208IGHT

Look the part...not sure if they're any good...pretty pricey but then some peeps seem to have spent loadsamoney on their m8...

No-one else has mentioned them in this forum...anyone heard anything about them?

Hmmmm....shiny!

Mark

Sent using Tapatalk HD