• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Thats normal for brushless motors, its called cogging, they dont have high torque density on startup, you have a few choices, smaller wheels, smaller pinion, try increasing the punch and decreasing the motor timing if the esc allows it also as you mentioned move to lipo.
Yes to program card, just bare in mind the programming card will only work with that esc and brand.
Lipos cant go wrong with ACE gen or Voltz
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=442614
https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/317600/

I use the 5500 3s just bare in mind they are taller than a standard pack so you will need longer battery straps possibly.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Redback, have you had any issues with going to 3S 11.1V? sheered gears, drivechain issues? If I buy from modelsport may also get an upgraded spur and pinion or maybe the metal ones from the guy on ebay just in case.

Very tempted and it will probably also help get rid of some of the cogging issues. Gave it a quick run in the garden definitely working better with the wires swapped around and the transmitter also reversed. Just installed a fan on the motor this morning to keep everything nice and cool. 

The spur is probably fine, but i would move to a RW hardened pinion, the stock spur will wear out faster if you keep using the brass pinion as they wear out pretty quick, then ruin the spur.
I have a few RW acetel spurs for this platform, they are all the same size, so you just need to decide on pitch, i would go with 32dp as you get a wider choice of pinions and shaft sizes.

Edited by Redback
  • Thanks 1

I had a really nasty head on colision on saturday, it was full throttle... What really suprised me, that none of the usual stuff broke... But the impact was so hard that it broke both battery posts and launched the battery out of the car.

What do you guys think about this battery? It's been sitting now outside the house since saturday and nothing strange is happening...Do you think that it is still safe?

spacer.png

Edited by zlab

Looks ok, this is why you go with hard case imo, it saved your battery.
As most the case is still intact and the battery hasnt bloated or peeled open the case i think its still good.
If you have a battery doctor or cell checker, just check its reporting voltages ok, obviously keep a close eye on when charging.

Edited by Redback
  • Thanks 1

Well me and my 2 girls went out for a bash today with the carnage   and 20mins in  she did a jump got bit twisted and landed on the left front wheels did a bit of a duff cartwheel  landed on it wheels  back ones went to drive front   nothing  looked in side propshaft come loose/out  ????   So just taken it apart and shes snapped the chassis 

16128957476715522303530980241456.jpg

16128958187288273690331239559940.jpg

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

I cant find ANYONE who has a carnage chassis   for sale   (that they have In stock ) ... 

No alloy   no plastic    . 

Why has every one snapped there carnage chassis   NOW .   . I mean really   you all have to do it together.   Lol 

Really looks like all are snapping theirs. :-)

I got one this week from MSUK. 

They were out of stock for long and I registered an email alert with them.

Email came in and bought within hours.

Next day sold out.

And the new chassis plate seems to have some improvements.

Extra plastic to prevent stones hitting the spur & pinion.

On top, the alloy plate is no more available. £20 was reasonable for that.

Now they only have a carbon plate for £60.

IMG-5138.jpg

1 hour ago, Iain .R said:

So does anyone have a spare   maybe you swapped yours for alloy .  Cheers 

If it helps:

Got one for free for you.

However the front holes to mount the front bumper have broken of.

You might need to put them on with superglue.

But will make your Carnage usable again.

IMG-5139.jpg

( The brown stuff is diff grease! And not something else. :lol: )

Edited by Jens
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Jens said:

If it helps:

Got one for free for you.

However the front holes to mount the front bumper have broken of.

You might need to put them on with superglue.

But will make your Carnage usable again.

IMG-5139.jpg

( The brown stuff is diff grease! And not something else. :lol: )

Thank you  that's fantastic.  

But really why are all the carnages braking there chassis      is a conspiracy  I tell you never mind  5G or tin hats 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

Thank you  that's fantastic.  

But really why are all the carnages braking there chassis      is a conspiracy  I tell you never mind  5G or tin hats 

I think it is the rather soft top plate (fixed between the 2 diff housings).

It still allows the bottom plate to warp.

Might consider changing it to a alloy or carbon top plate.

Additionally, the front & back part of the plate have no support to make them stiffer.

Edited by Jens
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, azibux1 said:

Haven't even used my Carnage and already upgraded to LiPo and brushless 😄

First run tonight! 😄

HmHetfx.jpg

Nice!

With brushless is much more fun.

I am still waiting for the parts to upgrade my Carnage 2.0 to brushless.

Hopefully they will arrive before the weekend.

• Like 2

Well as you know iv been sorting out my carnage tyres  well  I got 3 tyres off and the last one had a hole in it and its ripped a wee bit so iv got one from coming from jack . So I decided to take the damaged tyre off the wheel.   So I tried the  acetone method  so I said to the mrs I need some acetone     I know I got some     cool thanks hun !!  So cuts the damaged tyre off sits the rim in the acetone.  Left it for 6 hrs  and off comes the rubber tyre    

But there is always bad news . 

20210211_001536.jpg

20210211_001600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2