• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

38 minutes ago, tomr said:

Also make it Brushless 😁

I have been looking at brushless combo`s and its all a bit baffling, what kv motor do you need a esc programme card, will it be much better than brushed, so for now i am sticking with brushed and ihave a new spare 15t motor so maybe in the future

• Like 1

My brushless Carnage ran for 50 minutes.

My Brushed Carnage ran for 40 minutes.

Most go for 4000kv, I went for 3200kv and found it fast enough.

One major downside for brushless is the loss of smoothness at low speeds. Cogging is noticeable unless you get sensored but then they’re not waterproof.

I didn’t need a programme card for my HobbyWing brushless combo. I’ve used the programmer for my Max 8 and Max 6 combo and it makes small adjustment but nothing major.

Edited by Nickarla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/09/2020 at 10:25, Daniel stanaway said:

Hello,

My ftx carnage has been broken for a while now and I've brought it down to the servo aver do you think I should get a new one or get new parts for it and if there is an aluminium one please could you reply to this and link it,

Thanks

Cheap as chips to replace, Google is your friend.....

The main chassis plate might be worth upgrading to aluminium due to the added rigidity but don’t get caught into considering other aluminium parts. Aluminium doesn’t flex so you’ll end up breaking more and paying a lot more for it as well.

The Vantage is the most robust of the trio (Vantage, Carnage and Bugsta). Stick to standard parts and you’ll be fine.

Electrics on the other hand, if you’re running brushed the esc will fail very soon, it’s rubbish. Good news is the HobbyWing 1060 is an excellent upgrade and cheap.

The servo is ok but you can get better. Power HD 20kg waterproof will outperform and outlive the Vantage. £20 from Hobbyking (£30 from most other UK sellers). I used it in my Carnage and then swapped it over to a very heavy Hyper ST pro with a big, heavy, very fast motor and it’s performing flawlessly.

Edited by Nickarla

Yep. Only problem with Hobbyking is they’re shipping price is OTT. Theyre also having a bad patch with stock for the Vandal/Vantage in the UK warehouse.

When I had my Carnage I bought a load of spares from there to reduce the postage hit, spare arms, front, centre, rear gears, arms holders etc. Probably only used about 1/4 of what I actually bought over 2 years.