• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

6 hours ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

not sure if i'm going to keep the carnage to be honest, might wack it up for sale with a charger, not sure what its worth tho

I love mine now due to the better handling . Steering .motor . Just need to sort out wheels 

Thank you to everyone that helped answer my questions regarding the bumper and chassis replacement.

The replacement all went really well and the Zorro bumper is much springier than the original carnage one!

The final issues I had was the holes in the ally plate left the drive gear exposed so I covered in tape as I see many do from the pictures I have seen on this forum.

Also as there are  no mouldings to keep battery from sliding around I fitted rubber grommets to the posts to help secure battery from sliding about.

I have one happy son again!

Cheers me dears!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chewbacca said:

Anyone stuck a 10BL120 in a Carnage?

I think a lot (myself included) have opted for the EZRun max 10

13 hours ago, chewbacca said:

Anyone stuck a 10BL120 in a Carnage?

If it’s of interest I’m likely to have a EZRun max 10 3652 combo for sale soon as I’m going larger - it’s barely used but will be a little cheaper than retail

• Like 2

8 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

If it’s of interest I’m likely to have a EZRun max 10 3652 combo for sale soon as I’m going larger - it’s barely used but will be a little cheaper than retail

Hi m8 how much you looking for it .   Cheers 

35 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Hi guys would this be ok to use in the brushless carnage? Stock receiver and run on 2s most the time but do occasionally use a 3s 

Screenshot_2021-06-25-06-04-13-985_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Will be fine - more than enough power in this servo to cope with the carnage. 

a few things though; take a look at your servo saver, as the large ‘e’ clip that sits at the top and compresses the spring is always falling off which makes the steering awful, regardless of what servo is powering it.

The other issue I’ve had is when using 3s packs. The carnage is amazing fun with them, it’s just ridiculously fast. The problem is the truck can’t handle the additional strains and it WILL break something, especially if you haven’t upgraded certain parts. Hardened spur and pinion are a must for a start.

• Like 1

I've got a Carnage and a Hooligan and once had a Quanum Vandal too and never lost an E clip. Am I just lucky or has quality slipped?

5 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

I've got a Carnage and a Hooligan and once had a Quanum Vandal too and never lost an E clip. Am I just lucky or has quality slipped?

Mixed bag - I’ve never lost an eclip before I upgraded the steering, but the alloy upgrade is well worth the money in every way and that stitches the eclip entirely. 

• Like 1

Amazing, cheers guys, iv got the hardened steel spur an pinion upgrade, stripped the nylon spur on 3rd run lol. iv seen the servo saver suffers with the eclip so already swapped for a washer. Snapped a battery support so ordered some ali posts. 

3 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

Tell me about it     getting ridicules now .  

Was watching a video about it the other day. As most stuff is from China, there's a container shortage coz they are exporting like crazy but no-ones importing anything back so the containers are getting stuck in the destination countries and not being returned.

That'll teach em for trying to take over the world, but sucks for us 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Finally getting my RC's out again!!

Looking at both my boys RC cars...half the NiMh batteries are losing the charge really quickly. So I'm tempted to upgrade them to Lipo.

So while I'm at it, thought I might as well upgrade them to brushless! 

Has anyone got this combo..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353369985436

It seems a good price. The cars will probably get used about 45 mins to an hour twice a month if I'm lucky! Also, don't want anything that will shred the carnages!

I think the goolrc's can be hit and miss quality wise but i had the same combo (but hobbywing at nearly 3x the price) and it was great on 2S, will be more than fast enough for a kid, get ready to buy some spares 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1