• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

Well, I've got some T-bone bumpers care of ebay coming my way and also a new losi battery tray

Looks like I'm converting my Nitro ST pro to brushless :)

The question is - do I really need 2 brushless Hyper ST pro's??!

Well, I've got some T-bone bumpers care of ebay coming my way and also a new losi battery tray

Looks like I'm converting my Nitro ST pro to brushless :)

The question is - do I really need 2 brushless Hyper ST pro's??!

I've decided not, Maz, selling the ST and rebuilding the Pro.

That's just me though, and I know nowt about owt in the world of the hyper ;)

Cant wait for my ST pro to turn up, ordered Monday so should be here either tomorrow or early next week.

Sooo... you're flogging off the ST you have and then getting the pro version?

My brother has got the rtr version and to be honest it still looks the business, shock towers on the pro kick unbelievable arse though :)

Sell me the pink bulldog shell ;)

I've decided not, Maz, selling the ST and rebuilding the Pro.

That's just me though, and I know nowt about owt in the world of the hyper ;)

Am I being a thicky mcthicko in a world of thickness or does your post not make sense?

In my defence (if it is indeed me being stupiupeyoopid), I am very tired

I can't keep up with my garage contents!

I bought Jari's Pro roller, and Dazzaclio's ST rtr bl.....plans have changed, so am selling the rtr ST, and keeping the (currently in pieces) Pro.

That help?

Am I being a thicky mcthicko in a world of thickness or does your post not make sense?

In my defence (if it is indeed me being stupiupeyoopid), I am very tired

You wanna try sending him some diff shims mate, I can't work out if there's an early morning dogging session organised, or a fight. 

• Like 1

Sooo... you're flogging off the ST you have and then getting the pro version?

My brother has got the rtr version and to be honest it still looks the business, shock towers on the pro kick unbelievable arse though :)

Sell me the pink bulldog shell ;)

Yep, I was looking at upgrading the rtr to pro spec but it would cost north of

They are all slightly different I believe, the ST pro uses spider diffs whereas the RTR uses standard planetary ones, and the Hyper 7 has a different pinion/crown ration in the diffs to the ST's ......I think.

Is it a pro or a RTR?

Ahh right, so the RTR I believe comes with a 52t spur gear, this means lower top speed and also limits the largest size pinion gear you can use with the motor mount to about 15t or 16t I believe.....I recommend you get a smaller spur gear and then an 17t or 18t pinion gear.

I use this 47t spur gear, its a direct fit to the centre diff so no worries there  http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-ss-cage-centre-spur-gear-47t/rc-car-products/373968

Chassis pictures please, sir, need to put this matter to bed now.... ;)

Will do soon as I have it mate.

I paid for it through PayPal so Modelsport had to post it to me, so Friday they despatched it via DPD and Saturday i arranged to go and collect from their Leeds depot....I got there Saturday AM to be told that the sorting people on the night shift had sorted it incorrectly and sent it to Birmingham!! so apparently it will be back in Leeds tonight and available to collect as of tomorrow. So all being well you should have some pics tomorrow. :thumbsup:

You mean change all three at the same time?

Why's that? I knew the 7 and ST had different final drive ratios, so you shouldn't mix the two on the same car.

Surely it'll make no real difference running 7 centre diff and st frontvand rears?

No, by that comment I meant that yes, you can use centre hyper 7 diff and front and rear st diffs but if you change front diff to a hyper 7 jobbie then you have to change the rear also regardless of what is in the middle