• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

Ladies/Gents,

I'm having trouble finding a hyper st pro centre diff top plate - part number 86209.

I have an RTR and I'm converting parts here and there. Initial reason was because the brakes were rubbish and bought a dynamite throttle linkage set, but won't work with the RTR diff plate/brake linkage set. Been searching for a few days and still can't find one anywhere. Does anyone have one that I can buy, or does anyone know if a replacement for one of the other Hobao cars will work?? Seen some mention of being able to use 86209 on the hyper 8, but not entirely sure it works the other way round too and don't want to buy it and then be lumbered with the part. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Pav

Ladies/Gents,

I'm having trouble finding a hyper st pro centre diff top plate - part number 86209.

I have an RTR and I'm converting parts here and there. Initial reason was because the brakes were rubbish and bought a dynamite throttle linkage set, but won't work with the RTR diff plate/brake linkage set. Been searching for a few days and still can't find one anywhere. Does anyone have one that I can buy, or does anyone know if a replacement for one of the other Hobao cars will work?? Seen some mention of being able to use 86209 on the hyper 8, but not entirely sure it works the other way round too and don't want to buy it and then be lumbered with the part. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Pav

Forgive me if I am wrong but I think you are looking for the wrong part number, I think it is this one you need - http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ho-bao-hyper-st-centre-diff-plate/rc-car-products/26922

Forgive me if I am wrong but I think you are looking for the wrong part number, I think it is this one you need - http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ho-bao-hyper-st-centre-diff-plate/rc-car-products/26922

Hi sshdaxner, that's the stock replacement part. I'm looking for the st pro part which is the graphite part. See link here. http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/10413/

Ladies/Gents,

Pav

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HyperST-Pro-Graphite-Center-Top-Plate-86209-RC-WillPower-M7ST-OFNA-HOBAO-/141227171944?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20e1cba068

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HoBao-Hyper-8-Graphite-Center-Diff-Top-Plate-86209-/220830927898?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336a8c8c1a

Hey Maz, haven't fitted it yet because I think you need new brake cams which allow one brake rod to go above the diff plate and one that goes below. I bought hyper 7 ones hoping they will fit...That's also why I'm looking for the pro diff plate.

To Bugster - I no longer use eBay after someone tried to nick

I'm gonna check my ST spares as I have loads of bits n bobs - might be able to help you out :)

Mate, would be awesome if you do, but no worries if not. Thanks for checking.

Is there a general consensus on what diff oil to use for brushless?

Have read all sorts;

50-50-30k
10-20-10k
100k centre
10-50-7k

If you are running brushless the heavier oil in the front will help stop independent ballooning, so I run 50k up front.

Going medium in the centre helps control wheelies, they get pretty annoying after a while. I run 30k (20k for a spider diff)

The rear I'm not too fussed over, I think I use 10k.

Would you guys recommend a hyper ss truggy or an st for bashing?

Does it need upgrades?

Are parts reasonable and readily available?

Thanks

Would you guys recommend a hyper ss truggy or an st for bashing?

Does it need upgrades?

Are parts reasonable and readily available?

Thanks

For bashing the ST is more suitable due to it's well known strength , the Pro version is even more tougher BUT , personally I wound go for the SS as it's a new lighter truck , I like the design more than the ST dinosaur, comes ready brushless if you would like it leccy or nitro depending on preferences, while the ST comes only as a nitro, there is the brushless conversion but still I would go for the SS because it's new, fresh and I would try to make it strong as the time goes by ... the parts availability tho' it way harder to find for the SS compared to the old ST 

Edited by catalin4u24

The as truggy does not come in 1/8 scale I don't think.

Not heard much about the ss

Thanks for the help

Ah could not find that. Rolling chassis

I like brushless but love the noise of the nitro plus you can just keep adding fuel and not have to worry about batteries

• 3 weeks later...