• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage XS SS Motor/ESC options

lewisg

Gonna be getting a savage xs ss when its relased but im just wondering what would be the best option for a motor/esc combo to put in it! Would probably be running 2s but would want the option of 3s! any advice much appreciated

Lewis

I'd second the EZRUN SC8, it's what I have in my XS, and with the stock 4000kv motor on 3S with the lowered gearing it's a huge grin. The SC8 is rated up to 4S, so it's got a nice bit of headroom when running 3S.

It's interesting that a lot of the option parts they're providing the with SS are bits that people have roundly criticised HPI for fitting to the XS. Good to see though that the option parts are coming to market. :)

I'd second the EZRUN SC8, it's what I have in my XS, and with the stock 4000kv motor on 3S with the lowered gearing it's a huge grin. The SC8 is rated up to 4S, so it's got a nice bit of headroom when running 3S.

It's interesting that a lot of the option parts they're providing the with SS are bits that people have roundly criticised HPI for fitting to the XS. Good to see though that the option parts are coming to market. :)

listen to this guy read his thread he know savage xs mmmmmmmmm

I thought ezrun were a cheapish brand?

They are cheap yes. But that doesn't mean they're not good quality. If you look around the net you'll find a lot of people recommending them in instances where the cost of a Castle or Tekin system is either not warranted or affordable. They may not have all the minute configuration options of those systems, but they have the basics, and they certainly get the job done.

listen to this guy read his thread he know savage xs mmmmmmmmm

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I still consider myself pretty new to the hobby, but I learn quickly, and I have done quite a bit to my XS. I'm not the only one on this forum who is amassing a good bit of knowledge of this great little truck.

from what i have read ez run systems are dirt cheap and good. from my experience their awesome got a second hand rustler from here with a 6000kv ezrun system in it and wow it is just insane and u can even link it up to your pc via usb etc to programme the speed controller. :)

not worked out how to do that with mine since no manual as it came in a second hand car :)

im gonna be watching this thread as me and dad are both interested in the wee savages in kit form so let us know how u get on with what ever you get and how it runs :)

Edited by Yrkoon

Gonna be getting a savage xs ss when its relased but im just wondering what would be the best option for a motor/esc combo to put in it! Would probably be running 2s but would want the option of 3s! any advice much appreciated

Lewis

Do you have a firm availability date for the XS?

Edited by Deadeye

Do you have a firm availability date for the XS?

I'm only going by the date on ms website 1st april but hpi have a habit of not sticking to dates!

Cheer the replys guys just something still turning me towards castle :(

Well i think the eZrun sc8 is a great bit of kit look what you get for your money if your only going to bash it why spend a small fortune on castle not saying castle stuff is bad as i have got a sv2 system myself on my merv and i love it but i also have a sc8 as back-up for the savage xs as there nice and cheap and will do the job but if you got deep pockets then the Tekin system is the way to go but when i say deep pockets i mean like a wishing well deep

My money would go on the sc8 and stock motor get the motor from US on eBay about

Edited by mydoddy69