• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yes , eBay potential scam. One for the mods on here

Pearce

368** Feedback with 2 negatives in the last 12months, Hard to say if it was a scam or not.

Some guy Got his car anyway, read the Description

ANd to add, The Guy maybe has access to his account, He just made his Feedback score Private. A few people over on RC heli Forum Said there was Ipads and everything in His last bought items within 2 days

Edited by H1GHLAND3R

368** Feedback with 2 negatives in the last 12months, Hard to say if it was a scam or not.

Exactly. It's ok people being smug and keep saying 'if it's too good to be true, then it usually is lolol', but it's not like the stuff was absurdly cheap, I mean yes it was cheap but it's not like he had lipos up for three quid. He was UK based, had good feedback and the stuff wasn't that unrealistically priced.

Christ, it wasn't like when people fell for that monster truck from Hong Kong scam, that one was blindingly obvious from the start........

Edited by DreXeL
  • Like 2

I agree with Drex - a factual thread for those of us who are waiting with fingers crossed would be very usefull. Conjecture, suspicion and words of wisdon are irrelevant now.

A thread where people can post up if they hear anything from the seller or ebay, recieve anything or other actually usefull information would be good. If we don't keep in touch, we could end up all opening Ebay/PP disputes on and then find out some people stuff has been recieved etc. Particularly as his did quote 8-10day on some of his postage.

if you open a dispute now you cant escalate it to a claim until aftert the 8-10 days he said for postage.

which is probably why he said such a long time as it gives him the days needed to withdraw the money from paypal or to spend it elsewhere.

anyone know what the estimated post time was for his other older stuff?

Edited by snoop1050

anyone want to phone the guy and ask whats happening ;)

Comments like that will get this thread locked mate.

This thread was set up so people could update other people if items had arrived yet and provide other factual information

If you open a Paypal dispute, all funds on his account related to the disputed transaction are frozen.

Paypal user agreement 13.5:

Open a Dispute. Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you made the payment (or the date of the transaction if using Pay After Delivery) for the item you would like to dispute to negotiate with the Seller for resolution of the Dispute. We will place a hold on all funds related to the transaction in the Seller's Account until the Dispute is resolved or closed.

So maybe it's better to all open disputes as soon as possible.

i sent him a text message asking what is wrong with his ebay account, because i am concerned about my order.

if i dont get a response by tommowow i might just nip to the police station 60seconds from my house and see if they are prepared to do anything.

As long as the content of hte posts is sensible, why would this get locked. It's a valid point.

If this is a scam and you have paid money out for goods that didn;t exist, then it is a criminal act. Obtaining money by deception is illegal. It is not definite that this has happened though, and nobody can actually prove that this is the case, as the time for postage as shown on the ads has not yet elapsed. Even then, items can be delayed in the post and that does not constitute any form of crime.

It's unlikely the Police would do anything for a number of reasons.

1) You cannot prove any illegal action has taken place or the person who is responsible for it!

2) There is an existing process in place to cover you, which should first be explored

3) You are fully entitled to recover your losses form a bad transaction through E-Bay, PayPal etc.

This would be a different situation if E-Bay or PayPal decided to take legal action against the seller/scammer as they can prove their financial losses and can show it;s not an isolated case. People cite the fact that his Facebook profile has gone etc. as proof of his guilt. Well...considering the rampaging mobs on every RC forum and have to wonder how many people were sending him hate-mail, abusive e-mails etc. passing his car reg details out so people could find his address etc.

How would you react if your E-Bay account got hijacked and you had that directed at you. Yes...his actions MAY be suspicious. He MAY be responsible...he may also be very scared indeed that he is about to have his door kicked in closely followed by his head.

It's hard to take...but you have to let due process happen first. Things may get clearer.

In the meantime, this thread has been left open for mature sensbible discussion and exchanging of any actual facts people may uncover that will help other members get their goods / money back. Keep it sensbile and there is no need to lock it.

it maybe the same person just been scamed with a hijacked account on ebay for some turnigy lipo's both sellers account and paypal have been frozen going through a dispute at the mo with paypal

will people stop been keyboard warriors its boring. just claim through paypal and you will be sorted.

even if he has taken all the money from his paypal account and abandoned ship paypal will refund you anyway so stop panicking!

if it is a scam he can't be that smart

if people are paying with paypal their just gona get their money back so he don't win nothing

got a tip for the next time i was gona buy something from ebay a while back and just out of curiosity i thort i would google

him and now i'm glad i did was a scam as well

Just to confirm: I have now been messaged back by 4 of his RC customers. All have recieved their stuff and are happy with it. Suggest he had (if not has) some actual RC products.

Those customers were before he started listing and selling hundreds of Hobby King goods at very low prices. He may have just made those sales to build up his feedback.

ebay have told me they cant let on why the items were removed from listing for privacy

i asked if they thought i would receive my items and was told in this instance they think i will

if i dont receive anything within a couple of weeks then i claim my monies back....simples :yes:

it is interesting that it is paypal that closed if that is the case it is quite likely that paypal got the hump if he wasn't registered as a business seller and are liable to take extreme action as may be scene in this case. i know this as it happened to a friend who was legit and started selling a bit more paypal forced ebay to close his account etc because they felt that he should be paying business rates, they offered no apologies then either

They did not tell me the specifics but what you say would make sense as to why it got closed down so suddenly, time will tell though! :)

I hope we eventually find out what happened here. It's partly the system that ebay/paypal have employed that's causing the majority of worries - ie. wiping out transaction histories without explanation.

Couple of years back I fell foul of some scammers. I started getting emails about ebay auctions that I never set up. Checked fleabay account and sure enough 50 sales of various items had gone through my account and the powers at fleabay instantly removed them after checking, I heard nothing more. It could be the same for this fella on facebook and he's wondering what the hell is going on.

You'll all be fine if paid through paypal, you are protected as a buyer and will get your money back. I've seen conversations with paypal scammers and basically they say the only people that get fleeced are paypal, consumers are protected and get their money back. So I'd suggest holding off, let due process (paypal/ebay claims) take it's course and see what happens. You'll either get goods or money returned - just gotta see which!!

On a positive note, this forum stopped me from buying. I had esc's and lipo's on watch, almost pressed buy until I saw the updates in the original thread. I know that doesn't help you guys that did buy but you're protected, that's why we use paypal.