• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yes , eBay potential scam. One for the mods on here

Pearce

Staff Note to user:

Lets get one thing clear.....especially for those who think they know best and would like to tell us how to run the board....

1) The thread was locked because of the posts made in it. People were posting up threats, and were posting personal information gained form various sources of an alleged scammer. This, I shouldn;t have to poi nt out, is not acceptable and cannot be allowed. Quite how the law would view it if that data is used and some one DOES go round to his house and break his legs I wouldn;t like to guess....but it would not be good.

2) There is no proof that the man is a scammer, or that the man being named is actually the scammer. There is a proper process for disputes like this and ist has nothing to do with what was being posted by some members.

3) The thread was locked as it went way off topic and beyond the bounds of sense. The other threads were locked as they were too. Quite why the OP thought this would be any different I don;t know....but it wandered immediately. Perhaps the Mods knew that already,,,,

4) This situation cannot be resolved by anyone on here. It didn;t happen here and won't be solved by talking. All it is doing is inflaming an already heated discussion.

For all those worried about losing your freedom of speech....I will clean this thread now, and remove the rubbish. But I will watch it. One stupid comment and I lock it. Keep it informative, keep it sensible, keep it factual. If I lock it...the next person to open a similar thread or to moan about sensorship gets a warning. If you want to be treated as grown-ups, first you must act as grown ups. Ball is in your court.

Please read our forum guidelines.

i do agree, i was watching a program on tv the other day about scams and one there was a job advertised on the job centre website to sell items through ebay and other sites like that you used your own ebay account people was buying the items but the company that was ment to send the items was fake and items never got sent the poor person whos account it was got all the hassel from the buyers , ebay and paypal they scamed nearly

Edited by rcshaynerc

the job centre tryed getting me to do that charity thing said no because it wasnt worth doing + you didnt even get payed for doing it i know its was for charity but why would a charity do business that way?.

glad i didnt now too after what happend.

anyway has anyone posted the emails recieved through paypal on here? (cant be bothered to scroll through every page)the guy clearly says he had the products but ebay closed him down before he could post any,

so why didnt he pay his ebay fees and do what was necessary to get peoples details so he could post them?or refund all the payments he had received and appologize that his account had been closed due to problems? not say he is or isnt a scammer but where are the fingers pointing!

I just called them, I have to wait until 10.24 tonight. That would make it 11-days, not 10. Still, he said I'll have my refund by tomorrow so we'll see.

We were asked to leave this thread open so all you buyers could see how to get your money back and to keep

track of what happening with paypal and ebay claims.

Its not so silly videos can be posted .

Please keep to the topic and only post relevant information on how your claims are going

Thanks

Dave

Mine didn't go into my PayPal account, it went back to my card. Check your PayPal account again, some of it may have gone back onto your registered card if that's what was used when you originally paid for it.

Mine didn't go into my PayPal account, it went back to my card. Check your PayPal account again, some of it may have gone back onto your registered card if that's what was used when you originally paid for it.

Seems a bit odd if that happened to me. it was all from my debit card, and if some has been credited to my Paypal, why would the rest go directly to the card?

I wasn't sure how you paid for it, I thought maybe you had some in your PayPal and the rest by card.

Edited by DreXeL

Oh ok, well yeah it was all payed by card, none was in my Paypal account.

I'll give them a day or two, if it still doesn't come in I will ring them.

if you have an email for each item saying that they have decided in your favor for that item you will be getting your money back for that item.From my prevois dealing with paypal i have had emails like that but then it can take up to 7 working days to actually show up in my pp account.