• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your drifter

antnee

Still not done yet, but here's another picture :lol: Ignore the mess and the mis-matched bumper :lol:

DSC00080-1.jpg

Matt

Thats turned out nice man. I like that!

All shiny and clean. In 24 hours it will be stripped down and due for another clean...

Can see just how much weight I have pushed forward.

9372455710_df45515c11_c.jpg

Edited by teshi

driftboys fill me in, whats special about a drift chassis over a what would be a normal touring car chassis, OTHER than the obvious forward mounted motor? 

just curious because ive seen TC cars drift on carpet recently with tyre sequel included and its hilarious, totally unintentional drifting mind but still cool. 

a lot of my friends drift 1/1 cars and have said they would like a drift RC car to play with lol

The difference is that a drift chassis is made to drift with a full countersteer setup with full adjustability, a normal touring car needs modification to drift, don't get me wrong you can make an awesome drifter out of a TC chassis but it is a lot of work and won't perform aswel as a drift chassis is capable of

So its more down to the amount of adjustability on steering lock etc you get on a drift chassis rather than a TC

Not just steering, weight distribution aswel, the chassis are designed with drifting in mind, whereas with a TC you have to mod it to drift as it was designed with racing in mind. I had a great TC drifter before my MST so it can be done and a lot of people do still use TC chassis and mod them

This is my Toyota Supra. Just needs the body posts trimming.

9445752980_1c7d4eb277.jpg

Nice! What rims are those? They look nice