• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

i found the worst baja clone possable.......lol

Redneck29

Tamiyas are expensive and the plastics can 'feel' cheap, but the feel of the plastics don't tell the full story. My Tamiya Stadium Blitzer is bomb-proof. I give it loads of abuse and it just begs for more, it is always the last one standing at a bash, the thing just keeps on going. In the time I've had it all I've had to replace is one dog-bone, and an axle. That's it, nothing else, none of the plastics.

Edited by DreXeL

Hi,Everything I've bought from maplins been crap.I got a pair of electrically heated gloves(I cut a nerve in my trigger finger,& it hurts like hell when it's cold) They didn't work & the batteries burst,,,? The mini dv camera was

Wrong - because even on occasions high street stores have stocked hobby grade RC's as well, people have bought stuff like this.

Despite what you might think, the people behind this aren't stupid. Its a toy, and its designed to appeal to kids. Any kid thats never seen one running would prefer this over say a Mini Recon. Its bigger, bolder and looks exciting (to a kid). People equate size with value, so a large RC must be better than a smaller one. At least until the Mini Recon zips past it, the kid with the New Bright will in fact be cooler!

Most parents don't know that our RC's can be repaired, and even if they did would consider the prospect daunting - in fact, a trip to any local tip will show you people can't repair most household stuff and dump expensive vacuum and washing machines when they break because they don't know it could be fixed for a few quid.

It was this way 25 years ago when the other kids at school assumed that the twin motor Nikko must be better than my RC10 (because it has two motors so it must be twice as fast!) and its the same today. No doubt when my little boy (he's 16 months) goes to school the other kids will figure their high street cars must be better than his what will likely be my ex-race car because said toys are bigger, use more cells, newer, transform into a boat, climb walls etc.

in fact, a trip to any local tip will show you people can't repair most household stuff and dump expensive vacuum and washing machines when they break because they don't know it could be fixed for a few quid.

Mate i know were your coming from i see stuff at the tip all the time and think " I could fix that no problems " infact i saw a pc tower today with no side on and noticed it had a decent graphics card and cpu i would have loved to jump in the container and fish it out to have a see what was wrong with it :whistling:

good point, i forgot that hpi shells are a hell of a lot cheaper than fg shellsnfor a min there.

HPI Shells for the 5B are more expensive, you want a Proline shell, a few quid cheaper but better quality

Also the 5T shells are expensive too, but the Tripp or Woodster shells are about

wow, if that goes sixty kph then i have been cheated out off all the money i ever spent on rc... but i dont think it will.

I remember my nikko car when i was 6... my mate had a different model and when we used them together one transmitter would control both... happy days

hahaha i saw a guy in the park with 1 of these today was well funny litterally did 2mph! put it this way he was using it on the tarmac part of the park so i dawt it moved on the grass either that or didnt want to get dog bab on it off field!

Poor sod.I expect he was expecting a lot of fun from it.& got very little :(