• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Big Russian Trucks...

grumpygramps

A friend of mine just bought a Ural 6x6 truck, custom made for some pretty extreme expedition use a few years back, which he's planning on driving to some pretty far flung place over the next couple of years.. I wasn't quite sure what he was going on about until he sent me this vid of what's basically the same truck. It looks mental!!

Edited by grumpygramps
  • Like 1

you know its going to be a pig to drive but looks soooo much fun!!!

looked at the ebay one and asked the mrs. if she fancied trading in the caravan..........sadly she would not go for it. i would love something like that!!!

The one on ebay and the vid is exactly what my friend's just got, bought from the same company in the UK... Hoping he'll take me for a stomp when he's finished fitting a new cooker in the back. Apparently it's only good for about 5 MPG though, so I don't imagine we'll go too far...!

That first video driving through a river :o

I really thought it would get washed away!

They are big trucks, someone brought one to Core 4x4 offroading site, eventually it got stuck, and man it was hard to tow out.

We had a Unimog, our car and the marshals car attached trying to pull this thing :lol:

We then realised the driver had it in reverse!

My dad with the company he works did the tachographs for trucks similar. think it was KAMAZ. They did just the same. They were all waterproof to their windscreens and had 6 wheel drive with independant suspension on each of their 6 wheels. its absolutely amazing what these trucks can do and how powerful they are at pulling things. You could do some serious damage if you wanted im sure

The one on ebay and the vid is exactly what my friend's just got, bought from the same company in the UK... Hoping he'll take me for a stomp when he's finished fitting a new cooker in the back. Apparently it's only good for about 5 MPG though, so I don't imagine we'll go too far...!

that why there is a thing called red diesel cheap and cheerfull fill all your off road vehicles with it

A friend of mine just bought a Ural 6x6 truck, custom made for some pretty extreme expedition use a few years back, which he's planning on driving to some pretty far flung place over the next couple of years.. I wasn't quite sure what he was going on about until he sent me this vid of what's basically the same truck. It looks mental!!

never did a song so badly match a video ? is the Enrique Iglesias ? He's only just a man...let alone a truckworthy soundtrack hehe..

Oh and was that mini tanker carrying fresh water ? that would be ironic !

Fabulous footage...those drivers have balls/brains of steel ! respect !

• 1 month later...