• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

my first report in this forum thread  :)

Took out by Associated RC10B4 for bashing. In the local park, found a nice mix of dirt/grass/tarmac/verges in an oval. Ran two IP 6000 packs (80c and 90c) through it, with a speed passion's Revention R 8.5t combo. 

Had a complete blast, got a little dizzy turning in an oval, and a good 45 mins bashing from the two packs. In an oval, with the tyres free wheeling 1/2 the time due to the low grip, I managed to produce some nice motor heat. Stopped to let it cool a couple of times.

Can't wait to do it again, or with my bro, some of the most fun I've had in RC. I'll give the original B4 this; it sure does land and turn on one front wheel impressively. 

Around 6 forward flips or even sideways flips, 5 to a drivable orientation

Edited by Zoea

my first report in this forum :)

Took out by Associated RC10B4 for bashing. In the local park, found a nice mix of dirt/grass/tarmac/verges in an oval. Ran two IP 6000 packs (80c and 90c) through it, with a speed passion's Revention R 8.5t combo. 

Had a complete blast, got a little dizzy turning in an oval, and a good 45 mins bashing from the two packs. In an oval, with the tyres free wheeling 1/2 the time due to the low grip, I managed to produce some nice motor heat. Stopped to let it cool a couple of times.

Can't wait to do it again, or with my bro, some of the most fun I've had in RC. I'll give the original B4 this; it sure does land and turn on one front wheel impressively. 

Around 6 forward flips or even sideways flips, 5 to a drivable orientation

The b4's are great fun, due to them being a race buggy they handling very well. I'd like to get another at some point.

Gave BLBB a good brushing down (much needed) and clean. Slackened off the ball diff screw and dribbled some blue thread lock on to the threads and then tightened the screw back up. Will wait till tomorrow and give him a test. While the rear end was flopping about I found that the left wheel bearings had seized so made a start at freeing them up. When this failed I hunted out my spares box knowing I had various bearings in it, luckily I had 4 spare bearings left over from when I originally did the conversion. Soooo, when I get BLBB rolling again he'll be rolling free. Happy days  :thumbsup:

Got the Zen G320 fitted in the DBXL

image.jpg1_zpspt10vkf4.jpg

:)

So that's what it was going in?  :doh:

Anyhoo, today I fitted weights to the new wheels I'd had sitting around for the D90, which now has a slightly longer wheelbase:

20150325_135644.jpg

20150325_135655-1.jpg

....................................which doesn't show in these pics as they were taken prior to the mod lol

Edited by chewbacca

Went for a bash on the locsly common with the nitro circus mini monster truck,lent mate the mini buggy on 3s. No damage to the nitro circus mmt,rear diff fuggered in the buggy :( . I'm hoping I've got spares.

Spent the high with my daughters TX in pieces across the living room floor. Much to my amazement, found and fixed the problem then managed to get it all put back together and it works :D

Well, it worked second test. First test failed because I'd put the flat batteries back in...

The beast received:

Stock rear springs re-fitted

KM rose joints for the front upper arms

New front hub bearings

Rear SC bumper replaced

Rubber side guards refitted

Slipper checked

General re-tighten of 'the usual suspects' on the conversion kit

Beadlock screws tightened as required

General dust down, to be hoovered out tomorrow.

To do list made for the morning, basically sorting the (slightly battered) Super 5 shell and refitting the cage whilst packs charge :) Buckled front wheels can wait until the wet weekend stops play ;)

Iv been checking the damage to my mate 002a km, burnt out clutch, seized bearings the course of it in the clutch carrier, how he didn't notice it being like that ill never no, surely he would of smellt it, or at least felt somethings not right, i some times wounder whether he's to own a 5th scale or not, he takes it out for 10 minutes and then the rest of the time stud waiting for repair,

Its most certainly a toy for someone with a bit of savey :)

Iv been checking the damage to my mate 002a km, burnt out clutch, seized bearings the course of it in the clutch carrier, how he didn't notice it being like that ill never no, surely he would of smellt it, or at least felt somethings not right, i some times wounder whether he's to own a 5th scale or not, he takes it out for 10 minutes and then the rest of the time stud waiting for repair,

Its most certainly a toy for someone with a bit of savey :)

Sounds like me and my mate.

He stands and rolls a fag while I repair his Baja.

Ragged the Badger, so far the strip down and degrease of the external diff surfaces, clean up of the adjustment thread and subsequent application of brute force and threadlock seems to have cured the diff slip problems it was experiencing. Mucho relief as I had thought it would never run properly with the brushless combo. 

Gave the D90 a run out in the garden, the weighted wheels have made a significant difference to its stability  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Spanked the Blitz, first time off-road, was fantastic! Struggled to keep the nose down! The Badlands have so much bite!

Too much understeer, but not enough to be a pain. Rear is quite well planted.

Parachute effect is a nightmare, but that's SC shells for ya. I'll either cut holes in this one or get a flotek of some kind.

Went for a half an hour bus ride with two full lipo to a local large park. Journey was a hit !

Found out that short grass is the preferred surface for my b4's tyres in terms of raw accel and speed. Even better than gravelled (yellow) paths or under-a-tree-leafy-dirt. It did amazingly well on the leafy dirt surface though, two plumes of leaves and soil behind each rear wheel, great fun to watch and run on also great fun to do a few circuits on and off it.

Doing my best to keep the noise away from local property windows and mind the daffodils.

Had a good time, aching for the jumps of a smallish local BMX area though! The surface (packed gravel or a little bigger + grass) is amazing and the model loves a jump or 30 each run.

Edited by Zoea