• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Thanks for the reminder, just checked all my 2s and looking good on storage mode 👍👍

just a few questions if you people don’t mind.

1) best to check weekly on lipos?
2) anyone know the correct name of the connectors on these 1s lipos used for msrx helicopter? 
trying to build a cable so I can check these on my battery checker (only voltage)

thanks in advance. 

Fitted the carbon fibre bits and stainless fixings to the rear of the Baja build. 

Rear end just about there now. 

Will be getting BRP wheels and tyres all round, will probably buy the rear adapters/extenders and rear wheel/tyres to complete the back end and then move onto the front. 

Already started to build up the front and looking at what upgrades i am going to do to it. 

IMG_20240323_205558.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Just a reminder for people like me who own lipo’s but rarely use their RCs lately. Just check your lipo’s. Condition and voltages. I have 20 or so Lipo’s, stored in BatSafes. Just checked the voltages and all seems ok, but two appeared to drop out of balance. Nothing major but one cell was 0.2v out. Just trying to rectify with a charge/discharge to balance out. Hopefully be ok as theyre quite expensive 4S Lipo’s

0.2v variation is nowt to worry about but good point regarding checking lipo`s i have a lot in metal ammo cans but will be getting rid of plenty of them due to giving up flying

Was not so happy with the wheel hex set up on the NT4, then remembered i had some 12mm brass hex extensions so decided to fit them, the wheels are better supported now and as a bonus a little wider on the stance of the truck

brass hex.JPG

nut.JPG

wider stance.JPG

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

0.2v variation is nowt to worry about but good point regarding checking lipo`s i have a lot in metal ammo cans but will be getting rid of plenty of them due to giving up flying

Hi,

I was just about to buy these lipo safe bags/ boxes but read that they do not really work.

you have a pic of this metal ammo can please?

1 minute ago, karlo888 said:

Hi,

I was just about to buy these lipo safe bags/ boxes but read that they do not really work.

you have a pic of this metal ammo can please?

just look on ebay for 50mm ammo case if you get one cut a short section out of the rubber seal in the lid, dead easy to do

• Like 1

Change of plan for one of my trx4s. 

The injora lcg chassis is going on hold for now. A load of bump steer, would probably need changing to 4 link front end. 

Setup back as stock chassis with injora 324mm stainless links to suit the cherokee body. 

Still setting the body height, position, bumpers etc. 

Also got black wheels and some new boots. 

I rate the fastrax rocko tyres highly. Great for crawling. 

IMG_20240324_115039

• Like 2

Finished the front end up and built the wheels and tyres just so it can stand on it's own feet as it were. 

Sorted out the rest of the bits I need and chucked what was left away along with the box, bloody box takes up so much room! 

IMG_20240324_135403.jpg

50 minutes ago, karlo888 said:

@Lilredmachine  there is no stopping you is there with your building 👍👍😜😜

I'll usually get it done. 😂 

Found out that Asiatees still have 99% of the parts for this in stock under the Team C name so it's still a viable chassis. The European version of the car died a long time ago so was good to stumble across a treasure trove of parts. 😁

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lilredmachine said:

I'll usually get it done. 😂 

Found out that Asiatees still have 99% of the parts for this in stock under the Team C name so it's still a viable chassis. The European version of the car died a long time ago so was good to stumble across a treasure trove of parts. 😁

Happy days 👍👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steephill said:

Chopped off the traxxas battery connector on my Trx4 F150 

Should of probably listened to @Lone-wolfand made an adapter before I tested it.

Just a quick video works fine, really nice looking truck

Looking good, i have to confess that i have a good few tickets on Tomleyrc raffall to try and win a TRX4 hi trail F-150

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markymarky said:

Front end mostly done, mix of Taylor RC front bulkhead and Bonehead RC top plate and front hinge pin holders.

Will change the shock tower as well but not sure if I will go alloy or carbon fibre for that, will more than likely be alloy.

IMG_20240328_220204.jpg

IMG_20240328_220218.jpg

nice clean build

nothing major, decided to get the Fury 2.0 out i was thinking i would sell this on but its a nice truck so keeping it, i remounted the 1080 esc as it kept lifting (poor quality sticky pads) and did tethered body clips, hard to see in pics. I have lost a wiper so might look for new ones or just delete the one on it

FTX Fury 2.0.JPG

• Like 3

Let the missus have a go.... 

Didn't fancy taking out one of the hard body trucks. So I put a1080 esc in the injora scx10 ii copy. It's got an Axial Jeep cherokee lexan body. But completely stock, got it cheap off ebay a good few years ago. It's a really light rig and reasonably durable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steephill said:

Let the missus have a go.... 

Didn't fancy taking out one of the hard body trucks. So I put a1080 esc in the injora scx10 ii copy. It's got an Axial Jeep cherokee lexan body. But completely stock, got it cheap off ebay a good few years ago. It's a really light rig and reasonably durable. 

Good bit of driving, landed on its wheels and did not burst into flames

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1