• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Thanks, if I remember back in the day I did not take this out on a proper run when I built this before stored in attic.
think I just checked the electrics work etc…lol

All I remember was the sparks given when connecting the batteries, thought it was gonna blow at the time but believe is normal lol

• Like 1

Yeh that is normal but you can get anti spark connectors these days (i have some xt90 anti spark fitted to my cars and batteries ):good:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

We use XT90 on our 1/8 scale cars/trucks as we found its right on the edge when using Deans connectors and had a couple melting :good:

These xt90 connectors usually on 3s upwards?

might just get one of my daughters to plug in 😜😜😜

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2024 at 07:41, steephill said:

Great observation skills🤣 it's the injora gearbox. And yes  the axle mounted servo will hit the motor. 

Guess there's no way round it. Got to get my build finished.

Yours looks good man 👍🏻

On 12/02/2024 at 16:34, Kpowell911 said:

Took the BBX out for a spin, and you know what I genuinely enjoyed it. Glad I gave it one more chance as I wasnt getting on with it before!

gswJJUK.jpeg

iWHqxTP.jpeg

7bYPlNr.jpeg

It is a funky looking buggy.

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

thats my patented excuse :rofl:

Well had the courage to slap a battery to the bullet then found out steering servo not swinging a lot and one wheel at front not spinning constantly with others, took wheel off and the axle fell out. ☹️☹️☹️.

none in stock at model sport of axles so looking elsewhere unless there is an upgrade I can do and is there a better alternative to the Hpi servo  SF-50WP?

will check the car over and make a buy list just to get to standard if worth it. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks, just need to take this apart and see what else I need. May have a spare servo in the other 1/10.

in the meantime I have placed batteries in the savage.

mmm beeps every 5-10 seconds, don’t know what that is about but looks ok. Turning point is not wide I think ?

just need to tighten the wheel nuts but cannot find my tools to do that 😔☹️

45 minutes ago, Tug said:

Constant beeping might mean it's looking for a signal, May need recalibration?

it’s fine, it’s just an idle beep but thank you for your input 👍

took the savage out to test drive and looks like everything is ok 👍.

• Like 1

Fixed a few issues with the new to me Super Clod Buster, swapped the battery connector and had a play.  Lots of fun!  But must stop browsing UK Monsters, it's giving me expensive ideas.

• Haha 2

My new set of Jconcepts Subcultures came for the Pro4, which fingers crossed on the weather should have it's first race meet on Sunday. I dug out my old proline beadlocks and got them on there, fitted up and imo think they look smart. Hopefully should work better than the stockers at the track. PXL_20240227_184502664.thumb.jpg.fb093b18d045d9d949802e3eb45dd4de.jpg

• Like 1