• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

6 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Not bad for a budget TT

A55LP7V.jpeg

eryzOsw.jpeg

LE0ajNn.jpeg

What are you're impressions of the TT-02 SRX?  That's my next build challenge with my group of mates, I haven't started on it yet, I've opened the box and had a wee look inside, and I must say considering the cost of the kit, what it doesn't come with - like a case for example everything I read about it led me to believe it came with a carrying case like the Noble Pro does for carrying it about, and differences between the stock TT-02 ans S version, I feel a little let down.  A few shims and more modern arms, that are used in another Tamiya kit and can be easily and cheaply sourced, in my opinion does not justify it's cost compared to the other versions of the TT-092 chassis, or kits.

2 hours ago, Grogg said:

What are you're impressions of the TT-02 SRX?  That's my next build challenge with my group of mates, I haven't started on it yet, I've opened the box and had a wee look inside, and I must say considering the cost of the kit, what it doesn't come with - like a case for example everything I read about it led me to believe it came with a carrying case like the Noble Pro does for carrying it about, and differences between the stock TT-02 ans S version, I feel a little let down.  A few shims and more modern arms, that are used in another Tamiya kit and can be easily and cheaply sourced, in my opinion does not justify it's cost compared to the other versions of the TT-092 chassis, or kits.

I must admit. I do agree, but meh Im in too deep now. Plus I only paid £240 for mine so….

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I must admit. I do agree, but meh Im in too deep now. Plus I only paid £240 for mine so….

I'm in the same position after buying the kit, I'm in too deep as well now with it.

Got a chance to try out the Y leads in the TRX6 today (well in the garden lol) and it seems its reduced the COG a bit which im pleased about

Got over an hour on 2x2200 flightpacks in paralell :good:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Not always Tamiya's. Took the XRT & TRX4 to the Beech!  My girlfriend & I are having a few days in a Caravan so thought why not take some RCs. 

7ByI3W3.jpeg

X0IwdMr.jpg

QaJx8h4.jpeg

21pssJn.jpeg

ZInWHkY.jpeg

UuBUn3R.jpeg

duiE04L.jpeg

dJlymnt.jpeg

U5QaohR.jpeg

5UyQJCY.jpeg

Norfolk coast?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Yea, Great Yarmouth

There are some great beaches for running RC cars all around the north Norfolk coast.  Hope you are lucky with the weather!

19 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Any RC shops? 👀👀

Nothing really worth going to!

Used to be an alright one in Gorleston (about 5-10 minutes from where you are).

I think the only one in the county worth going to is Model Hobby but that's Kings Lynn so you're talking an hour+ to get there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReggieC said:

I think the only one in the county worth going to is Model Hobby but that's Kings Lynn so you're talking an hour+ to get there.

Very limited choice I'm afraid.  I have to do most of my RC shopping online.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReggieC said:

I went for a mooch in Pegasus Models earlier, but nothing took my fancy

13 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I went for a mooch in Pegasus Models earlier, but nothing took my fancy

Yeah I've never really been too impressed by it. I understand the whole risk of tying up money in stock being a risk to a small shop like that, but when you go in and anything you ask for "Can be ordered in", you're just gonna order it online yourself aren't you? 

A shame really, there used to be another one in Norwich which was ace and that one in Gorleston I mentioned was one you could get lost in for a while too. Suppose it's just impossible to keep up with the big dogs online.