• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Been busy the past couple of days. Completely stripped and rebuilt one of the Outbacks. Both have been stood for so long they've seized solid! I finally removed the rounded wheel nuts from the Savage, meaning I can remove the wheels for the first time since buying it several months ago 😂 I had to completely butcher the wheels to get them off, they won't be useable again but the tyres should be.

Outback number 2 is now on the bench, awaiting a few parts.

IMG_20200323_165246IMG_20200325_115608IMG_20200325_132051IMG_20200325_174425

IMG_20200325_132320

• Like 1

Broke the transmission in the Trail King after getting a wheel bound up in some brambles.

Feared the worst as i can’t get the gears individually, meaning if i’d broken a shaft or stripped a gear it’d be a complete new trans.

13e743d5bc1b086053c0f7cc5ae02f7b.jpg
e64d87b962bb1a0d2a74a97f253b75f2.jpg

Pleased to find it was just a sheared drive pin, and i had a spare. Just need to find out what size they are and order more if i do the same thing again lol

• Like 1

Looked at the ezrun system on the t-maxx 2.5 and found that the to had come unscrewed from the body of a front shock?????? Just need to find factory carb settings.....

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Replaced the busted drive gear in Outback #2

IMG_20200326_140042

Just need to fit the electronics and it'll be good to go! Also fitted new boots to the Savage, courtesy of @mond

That's 3/6 rc's well on their way to being sorted, just some minor repairs to the 3 TT01's and my fleet will be in the best condition it's ever been in 😂

Two of four done :D 

May do the other two tomorrow, if we don't go bashing, early finish at work tomorrow then four days off.

Normally under these social distancing regulations I wouldn't consider bashing, but we go from the car, to the quarry and see nobody, miles from houses or people, so I consider that isolation.

Tam2kuk.jpg

hHEVcOx.jpg

wCEqRLL.jpg

vMMpPvN.jpg

• Like 3

Started on the Outcast, new chassis, new RPM arms all round, since one is broken and it's already apart I might as well do them all.

Fresh bearings and grease everywhere.

Also had a first, broke the little plastic bit that sits between the bearings in the knuckles, the driveshaft pulls freely through the knuckle, thankfully they are only a fiver for two.

Also love dropping a bearing, spend 20-25 minutes looking for it with a torch, absolutely certain I heard it hit the floor... Nope, it's stuck in your bin bag you lemon!!

This is as far as I got before bed was calling.

mCK62VT.jpg

igkhClp.jpg

eXe3qpp.jpg

jfqGpGs.jpg

• Haha 1