• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Drilled 2 rounded screws out the blackout, cheesy screws + threadlock is not a good combo. This 340 WILL go in today lol

Replaced the servo - purchased 2 of those little super-torque Hobbyking servos, so the other was spare.

Tried setting up the ESC - doesn't seem to want to know - something not right.

This was yesterday.

Today, I moved the motor out of mesh with the spur - bit of safety considering the power and potential speed.

Only thing I could think of was to reverse the throttle on the Tx - perfect!!

All sorted.

Forwards is Forwards, just was wrt the 3M (Mamba Max Monster) ESC it was running - now has a Mamba Max Pro - more than adequate.

I have to secure the Rx. I've ordered some VHB 3M 2-sided tape which should come tomorrow ... then it's all sorted!!

Al.

Running great.

Accidentally did a standing backwards back-flip, then went to do one forwards, and ripped the RPM knuckle off the pillow ball.

Hate plastic bits - green alloy knuckles ordered!!

Only running in garden, but up to at least half throttle, motor, ESC and cables mildly warm, and 'cogging' limited, so I think I'll leave as is - I know its 'over-geared', but it can handle it in moderate doses!!

Al.

Did some long overdue servicing on the SCX10, no more loose bolts or squeeky bearings for me!

Also switched the Axial 27t motor from the SCX10 into the Wraith and put the Modified 14t motor back in the SCX10, it's too fast for it but want both trucks running for Monday and the 55t in the Wraith was no good.

Servicing your truck becomes such a breeze when you've got someone as legendary as Cap'ain Jack Sparrow helping you though :D

IMG_5112_zpsy5hfxlz0.jpg

• Like 1

Running great.

Accidentally did a standing backwards back-flip, then went to do one forwards, and ripped the RPM knuckle off the pillow ball.

Hate plastic bits - green alloy knuckles ordered!!

Only running in garden, but up to at least half throttle, motor, ESC and cables mildly warm, and 'cogging' limited, so I think I'll leave as is - I know its 'over-geared', but it can handle it in moderate doses!!

Al.

Forgot to mention, the 3M VHB tape arrived, and the Rx is 'servo taped' onto the servo, as previous photos - old servo with Gorilla glue.

Reminds me, I need to open up that servo and see what happened!!

Al.

Finished the transplant on the blackout and gave the obr its first 15 minutes of break in. The temptation to fully squeeze the trigger was resisted :)

Swapped a bent axle in sct for a new one from packet and whatever I did it bound up when wheel on. Took second one out of packet and perfect. Good ol' HSP quality control.... at least they were only a few quid a pair!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Good afternoon at the track, learning the car and getting more comfortable with it and spending less time upside down, new servos made a huge difference and the 'cheapo' X-Act engine continues to develop some impressive power, going to get a second as a backup motor.

85c5348e9b04618b55065fb98b625315.jpg