• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Got dragged with family to visit one of the Mrs friends... Turns out beach at Elmsworth has some ok rock pile sea defences so the crawler got to play in the sun.

ok my Maverick Strada MTB down to Canoe Lake in Portmouth where I normally race my RC sailing yacht after work and had a bash with a mate in the kids adventure playground as the drizzle would keep the kids away . What a giggle! Several berms and lumps got the cars airborne and there is a water feature thing which makes an eccelent skid pan. Pity it's normally full of kids

Gave my new (to me) UE spiral cut diffs a thorough spanking.

Yup, that's right, a Traxxas Maxx has made it through a complete pack of 5000mah, 6s lipo without eating a diff! Well I never!

• Like 2

Spent the day with my son completely rebuilding his Hyper 12 Mini ST. Been in bits for months since i bought it while i was gathering parts. Now has a new engine, full bearing set, diffs serviced, shocks rebuilt, few bent/broken parts replaced, carbon wrapped chassis and a couple other bits and every part of it cleaned. Few little bits to finish off tomorrow then we can get it run in :-D

The SCX10 is getting some looking after at the moment as it's going to be used alot this winter.

Yesterday i stripped, cleaned and re lubed the motor and transmission, motor's got a duff bearing but it's replacement should be here next week. The trasmission is still stock but still in good nick as are it's bearings, that went together with a healthy helping of moly grease.

Today i attacked the axles, again, stock. The bearings are still nice and quiet and free considering this is the first time i've looked at em since i got the truck last year, and the abuse it's had. These also had a dose of moly grease to help keep the water out.

After the new speedo and motor get here, it's time for some new boots :)

Kept working on beadlock ring designs and got upto version 5 which I think I am happy with

Now I need my mate to laser cut me a template and a jig for the centre holes and I can start making them.  36 holes each x 4 = I really REALLY need to find a pillar drill.

Last nights tally of what I broke on the Maverick Strada increased - three bent shocks. Today though was quite at work(again) so I made a couple of heavy duty servo mounts for the scout.

Done some bits to my boys Hyper.

Fitted a new turnigy servo that turned out to be too tall so I had to use washers and those rubber grommet things servos come with to get it to fit. Then heat shrink on the cables for the motor.

Started fitting xt90s to some new zippy batteries but only manage to do one before having to go to work because of the short leads and the fact that they are 8awg. Looks like I'll have to make an extension cable so everything fits under the shell.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the rest down this evening so we will both be able to go out for a blast tomorrow.

Anywhere special?

Just a lil car park/golf course. 

Anyhoo, tonight I've resoldered 2 battery connections, taken the cvds out of the Vandal and gave it some new boots. 

Edited by chewbacca
  • Like 1