• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Fitted a shell and wired up a ESC20140719_102442-1_zpslqjpcufu.jpg20140719_160906_zpsx2vioh6a.jpg

:)

AJ what's the trunking you've got called I found some a while back but can't seem to find it now

Cheers y'all

Oh and OHO it all comes down to practice,, I started soldering at around aged 10 lol

That would explain it then lol... I sometimes enjoy soldering, provided it goes together, sometimes a connector just won't have any of it and won't seem to bond.

Might be crap solder or something as well though.

That would explain it then lol... I sometimes enjoy soldering, provided it goes together, sometimes a connector just won't have any of it and won't seem to bond.

Might be crap solder or something as well though.

Poor quality solder has caused more than a few touch

• Like 1

Mines 1.8 flux? Whatever that means.

It's Draper, so you expect it to be good, but if it's the right one then it obviously won't work.

i used to use the draper stuff and i didn't like it as it never made clean joints but i switch to some weller stuff and its been spot on and i always get good solder joint now and the price aint to bad either.

• Like 1

Gave the Procat it's maiden voyage round the garden and realised the front springs are too soft so now need to find some more fast as it's on to the track on Sunday :thumbsup:

i used to use the draper stuff and i didn't like it as it never made clean joints but i switch to some weller stuff and its been spot on and i always get good solder joint now and the price aint to bad either.

Got a link to the stuff you use? Always open to trying new stuff to help improve my soldering.

Especially as I have about 12 bullets to solder up soon, I was going to get Bez to do it but I may as well give it a go myself and if I screw it up, give it to him to fix :lol:

Edited by Oh How Original