• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Tried to get my mi3.5 race ready while waiting by the trackside but is all want wrong, servo case split, lipo is dead...... motor is giving me hell....... Why cant they allow ic then you would'nt have these problems... plus the camber was way out.

Ready to stick an

Not today but yesterday:

Striped/inspested and rebuild the transmisson on the Wraith (managed to get some sand in so was sounding a bit rough).

Cleaned/inspected the rest of the car. The steering servohad developed some slack, so had a closer look to find out that the metal gears were missing a couple of teeth :( , so ordered a new beefier servo from MS :whistling:

A great night racing today, first time since i got the car i have had 0 problems with it all night. First race i cane 2nd, by 6 seconds, 2nd race i WON biggrin.gif and 3rd race came 4th, because dumb and dumber couldn't find the power switch when something went wrong electrics-wise. Only 2 laps behind 1st tho.

Erm,

* replaced worn spur gears in my HPI rs4 gearbox,

* Re-adjusted gear change settings screws etc.

* Setup throttle linkage correctly, as it wasnt set right when i recieved it

* Replaced the rubbish plastic disk brake to a metal one.

* Set wheel camber.

* Ran the exhaust pipe through my metal polishing wheel to remove the black colour, rubbed it gently with grit paper to give it that grinded look then clear engine block coated over it for protection from rusting..

* Installed HPI Mt2 tank, 100cc instead of stock 75cc, for better run times

Done all this, and its now 5.41am :D havent even got myself into bed yet :D

Took the Desert Truck and T4 out in the lovely, crunchy, frosty goodness! Finally got to try my new 8.5t motor on 3s (nice), tried out my new ESC in the T4 (nice), found out 2 of my 4200mah 2s suck like a fat baby (not nice). Tell ya what though - both trucks were well full of frost innit! Might get some of them sock things :yes: