• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

Those look very nice with alloy bodies James :dribble: :good: 

They're a thing of beauty Gaz, silky smooth and great looking. Thanks to Axial they're standard in the kit Yeti :good: 

Edited by James1986

Got home at 5am from work freezing cold courtesy of Kawasaki.

(car in for repair, supposed to be on hol another few days but clients begging)

Revived with coffee and the thought of exercising my recently won knowledge of RC car electrics I tried again with the Lunchie's new bits and pieces. 

I found the problem- the previous owner of the controller had helpfully set some tiny switches to reverse. Haha very funny!

I fitted everything in properly and by some miracle which has nothing to do with my expertise the car is functioning perfectly!

I had a shower and went to bed happy.

It's the little things . . . . . . .

:asleep: :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, MissT said:

Got home at 5am from work freezing cold courtesy of Kawasaki.

(car in for repair, supposed to be on hol another few days but clients begging)

Revived with coffee and the thought of exercising my recently won knowledge of RC car electrics I tried again with the Lunchie's new bits and pieces. 

I found the problem- the previous owner of the controller had helpfully set some tiny switches to reverse. Haha very funny!

I fitted everything in properly and by some miracle which has nothing to do with my expertise the car is functioning perfectly!

I had a shower and went to bed happy.

It's the little things . . . . . . .

:asleep: :rolleyes:

Could of just put the motor wires in the other way round

Well, I should probably have said that it was steering and driving the opposite of what it should have been too :rolleyes:

Give me a break, I was up all night! :lol:

• Like 1

Mounted up the new body on the X2, still waiting on the AAA Racing wing to help with the slightly naked looking rear end.

8c1b2a9c07fdbcd5ed08128a637b4f50.jpg

2490627cbddb3d205fd5e575aa7bac6a.jpg

Was a bit apprehensive about the colour when I ordered it as i've not seen any of these orange ones mounted on the truck rather than just the cage, but i'm well chuffed with how it looks now :D

Just engine and pipe to sort at the end of the month and she'll live again!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pistonhead said:

Mounted up the new body on the X2, still waiting on the AAA Racing wing to help with the slightly naked looking rear end.

8c1b2a9c07fdbcd5ed08128a637b4f50.jpg

2490627cbddb3d205fd5e575aa7bac6a.jpg

Was a bit apprehensive about the colour when I ordered it as i've not seen any of these orange ones mounted on the truck rather than just the cage, but i'm well chuffed with how it looks now :D

Just engine and pipe to sort at the end of the month and she'll live again!

Spotted! From very far away too :P

20 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I was thinking it's a bit on the bright side - not a bad thing.

That looks like it's in the moulding, not paint?

Al.

Yup, it's an injection moulded body with the colour with and an expanser polymer mixed into the material to make the plastic much more malleable and durable, they come in a choice of opaque white, wine red in a gloss or matt finish, and orange, evening blue, and black all in matt finish only. 

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

Not wanting to waste any more of my annual leave waiting for RCBearings to get back to work, I decided to make a start on the bits of my Konghead that don't need bearings. I assembled the lower suspension arms, built the diffs, assembled most of the steering assembly and made a start on the shocks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XV Pilot said:

Not wanting to waste any more of my annual leave waiting for RCBearings to get back to work, I decided to make a start on the bits of my Konghead that don't need bearings. I assembled the lower suspension arms, built the diffs, assembled most of the steering assembly and made a start on the shocks.

Are you going to do a build thread on the Konghead?

My little boy and I love that truck!

This build will be of the Konghead chassis, but I am planning a different direction with the shell. 1/10 scale with an agricultural theme. I was thinking perhaps a build summary in the form of a video?

• Like 1

A video would be great. Agricultural sounds perfect. I grew up on a farm, my kids love combines and tractors! I don't love them quite so much :P

Give us a hint of what you have in mind?

3 hours ago, MissT said:

A video would be great. Agricultural sounds perfect. I grew up on a farm, my kids love combines and tractors! I don't love them quite so much :P

Give us a hint of what you have in mind?

Coming from an agricultural background, you are possibly familiar with the Fendt Trisix? I plan on making something along those lines, but smaller and with a less elaborate rear more reminiscent of a JCB Fastrac.

Imagine this:

Fendt+trixis3.jpg

Crossed with this:

Fastrac-3220-with-Trelleborg-T414.jpg

Further down the line I'd also like to build a sprayer attachment for it based on a car windscreen washer, controlled via the 3rd channel on my radio.

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 2

That is actually my plan - take a Farm King shell, remove the rotavator cover from the rear, fit the chassis rails that aren't used in the Konghead manual but are nonetheless supplied on the bumper sprue, and use these to hold the posts to fit the extra-wide rear body mounts on the Farm King shell.

These new "middle" mounts could then also be used along with the standard rear mounts to hold a plasticard deck to which I can mount whatever interesting equipment I manage to construct for the rear.

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

That looks rather smart! I suspect that the Unimog shell might be a bit small for this chassis though - the total wheelbase is comparable to that of the WT-01. 

Finished the boys wide a arm conversion for his Bigfoot...

IMG_8586.thumb.JPG.7fd0657cdd53a8c5b5c6c5bac1c7b1f3.JPG

Finished it off with a new set of trenchers for him which he loves :D

IMG_8587.thumb.JPG.ba61e61ab0ae2ba7c177963b1dd10514.JPG

More details in my build thread if your interested in converting your 2wd Traxxas :good:

Edited by Bix
  • Like 1