• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Started cleaning the Gravel Hound last night after our 2 weeks away, fixed a few things and finished it this morning.

Got the currently dead Lunchbox out and started dismantling it for the coming revitalisation.

:ack:

• Like 1

Finally started spending some dolla on the X2, my Hot Racing axle extensions came today and just ordered a AAA Racing rear wing from Joker Designs, with a big flex body and new motor being ordered come my birthday in a fortnight :) 

Stripped down my original Mud blaster, cleaned and rebuilt with bearings and new tyres (as the originals were perished). Next I want to change to oil shocks, get the Frog dog bones and centre the steering servo. Then on to painting the new body

WP_20170826_11_37_45_Pro_LI_zpsvmygoeqm.

WP_20170826_16_47_49_Pro_LI_zps6aftltel.

Edited by stonedef
  • Like 1

The past week on holiday in Dorset (no decent mobile data to update sooner!):

Drove Turnigy 2WD Desert Truck on beach a load.  Cobbled beach and it bounced around a lot but loads of fun.  Eventually stripped the spur trying to go over things the crawler should be doing.  Spare I have is different pitch!  Time for either a pinion for the coarser one or pick up a new spur (£1.01!).  Still impressed how well it did completely stock.  Just fast enough and tough, breakage my fault.  I hadn't even checked the mesh from factory.

Just got the new servo mount sorted on the Maverick Scout before leaving.  New 1300 3S lasts so much longer than the tired 850s. LiPo in back instead of an axle didn't seem to effect handling (had added beef tubes to front axle at same time) Nothing broke, it always drew a crowd as it climbed silly stuff. Got it filthy in a muddy stream, rolled it and got it rather wet.  Sensored motor and Losi ESC seemed to survive.  Will need a strip down soon to check for any water hiding in axles.

• Like 1

Took the cars for a blast around Tilgate Park in Crawley...

Some cracking little spots, might be a bit more brave once mine and the boys backup spares arrive [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Me and the boy went for an early morning bash at a new spot to us. I lost a shoulder screw in the Amp after about 5 mins :( so out came the Lunchbox which put a smile on my face, as it does every time I use it. Even when I broke a shock on it, it carried on

WP_20170827_10_50_58_Pro_LI_zpscslwvqhi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stonedef said:

Me and the boy went for an early morning bash at a new spot to us. I lost a shoulder screw in the Amp after about 5 mins :( so out came the Lunchbox which put a smile on my face, as it does every time I use it. Even when I broke a shock on it, it carried on

WP_20170827_10_50_58_Pro_LI_zpscslwvqhi.

I broke 2 original shocks during the same run. It kept going, of course :P

• Like 1

Added the stickers to my new LCG 2wd Slash [emoji1303] can't take the credit for the paint job tho as it came like that [emoji6]

e8c9410bc814aa7b7f0b7ae9add77398.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bix said:

Added the stickers to my new LCG 2wd Slash emoji1303.png can't take the credit for the paint job tho as it came like that emoji6.png

e8c9410bc814aa7b7f0b7ae9add77398.jpg

One of the best looking Slashes ever.

• Like 1

One of the best looking Slashes ever.

Cheers dude, I'd like to say it was my doing but I bought off a chap that put in all the hard work!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bix said:

Cheers dude, I'd like to say it was my doing but I bought off a chap that put in all the hard work!

Never mind who did the work, you own the rig dude!

On 27/08/2017 at 09:16, .AJ. said:

Got the Panther running with a IBU2u control board 

IMG_0591.jpg

LOVELY!!

Do you know what stands out for me - because the rest is so good?

The wheels - they're too clean!!

Al.

• Like 1