• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Removed the rear windows and then attacked the 5ive cage with the multitool.... No more hindered access to the lipos and ting without compromising rigidity, huzzah!

Dusty cover fitted to the Sav XS

XL5 ESC soldered with deans connector and fitted to me lunchbox :)

Did some more tinkering with Boudicca's steering.

Enjoyed it: 

20150518_214611.jpg

Started stripping/rebuilding it:

20150518_214712.jpg

729cdd4690472d0f85499b61fc9d200a.jpg

Since I have no electric starters anymore, these stick packs were taking up space, decided I'd put them to good use, it's only bodged for now, but some solder and some Velcro straps on the way should make it much neater :b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finished the strip down/rebuild of the Hooligan, it now sports rubber shielded bearings throughout (even the steering rack) and a Turnigy Trackstar 80a/3000kv combo. All I gotta do now is fit deans on the 3s packs that arrived today and insanity will follow  :shockingscary:

• Like 1

I've had the soldering iron out today, firstly to re-attach a connector to one of my Losi LiPos. Then to put a Deans connector on to one of the 3s packs that arrived yesterday, this was then put into the Hooligan which I've named "Project Why" in honour of Bez' Project X. I took PW out for his first run which went perfectly until the pinny came loose. 

20150520_125826-1.jpg

20150520_125842-1.jpg

• Like 1

I've had the soldering iron out today, firstly to re-attach a connector to one of my Losi LiPos. Then to put a Deans connector on to one of the 3s packs that arrived yesterday, this was then put into the Hooligan which I've named "Project Why" in honour of Bez' Project X. I took PW out for his first run which went perfectly until the pinny came loose.

20150520_125826-1.jpg

20150520_125842-1.jpg

so tou ended up getting one in the end ;) so all you done to it so far is change the yamiya connectors to deans,?

so tou ended up getting one in the end ;) so all you done to it so far is change the yamiya connectors to deans,?

I had it on order before I asked you your opinion lol.

Go back and read my recent posts in this thread chap............................

Not so much what i did to my model but getting footage on my model i smashed my phone(luckily i have insurance) so i thought it would be rude to not share the footage ;) here we go :P

https://vimeo.com/128414297

Does your insurance cover you for using your mobile phone whilst driving?  :whistling:

• Like 1

Bet your hooligan goes like stink with a 3s in it,?

Just a bit! I haven't got enough space outside my house to really open him up lol

I got my TT-01 out for a couple of minutes today :)

New alloy prop shaft and gearing spur definitely needed as the brushless and lipo mix doesn't agree with the stock parts :(

Not so much what i did to my model but getting footage on my model i smashed my phone(luckily i have insurance) so i thought it would be rude to not share the footage ;) here we go :P

https://vimeo.com/128414297

I wouldn't tell the truth of I were you.

think u can get some footage ;)

I'll see what I can do  :thumbsup:

• Like 1