• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Last night I Converted one the blackouts to run lipo.....only to find that the receiver doesn't like the new voltage .....put nimh Back in :(

Edited by Hyper-d

Discovered that the pro buggy, whilst smooth, is far too pedestrian. Easily rectified :)

6s?  :shockingscary:

Found out that Chevy Carnage hadn't broken a driveshaft as I had thought but that the propshaft drive cup grubscrews had come loose. So I rectified that, loosened everything up and replaced the rear body mount. Finally it's back on the road again. 

Loaded that, the D90, Wraith, Cloddy and the 16th SCT into the car ready for a bash tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Edited by chewbacca
  • Like 1

Got the KV1 out for a play and the turret rotation servo is dead :(

image.jpg1_zpsiio1dsc5.jpg

The smoker is working well tho :lol:

Firstly, that DBXL is the first one I've actually found that I actually like the look of... Looks evil!

Secondly, I wonder how many first timers have accidently put the smoke on and thought a motor or servo had smoked :lol:

I have to admit, at first I thought that's what had happened with you saying the servo died :whistling:

Took it to the BMX track and it broke:

Lost two body clips instantly and front of shell dissolved pretty fast after that.
Still launched it off stuff and managed some nice runs down the rhythm sections and then the back wheel fell off (again).  Sheared the stub axle thingy at the thread (again).
With a down hill start it still went at a reasonable speed on 3 wheels as opposite front ballooned so much it found grip.  So I jumped it some more.  The vibration made the steering link bolt walk out in the end.

Can't decide if I can be bothered to fix it again or if I should just buy something a bit more robust.  Don't really want a 1/8th so need to find a bomb proof 1/10 Truggy I think.
Edited by ghazghul

Firstly, that DBXL is the first one I've actually found that I actually like the look of... Looks evil!

Secondly, I wonder how many first timers have accidently put the smoke on and thought a motor or servo had smoked :lol:

I have to admit, at first I thought that's what had happened with you saying the servo died :whistling:

Cheers, the servo is a 360 rotation servo with a stupid pot to adjust the the creep, for some reason it just wouldn't stay still when it had no signal, got the hump with it and rip out the control board, wired it back in a different way and got it working again :) Edited by .AJ.

vintage Tamiya bash with our lass, LB performed well, for a LB, with firm rear suspension more suited to the road.

King Blackfoot went out with a dodgy front shock (read no oil and damaged bottom seal) and returned with no steering (knackered servo saver), possibly because it came into contact with immovable objects.

And they say women can't drive..... ;)

Cloddy: Stuck a 2s in and let Mum loose with him for a while. He performed admirably as ever. I took over the tx and had some fun with him, need to fashion some sort of wheelie bar for him. Nothing broken.

Chevy Carnage: Stuck a 2s in and gave him a proper bashing, popped the rear body post off again but fortunately had spare hex bolts. Repair complete, carried on bashing until a rock jumped out in front of him at full chat. Shock and hinge pin holder broken. 

Wraith: Stuck a 3s in and started to bash, all was going well until smoke started billowing out of the front. Nope, not the LiPo or Servo but the can. Think the 22t pinny will have to come out and the 25t will go back in. Nothing broken as such. 

16th SCT: Stuck a 2s in and ragged it silly. It's so light that it can flip and roll without breaking anything. Can got a bit hot but nothing to worry about. 

SCX10 D90: Stuck a 2s in took it for a walk. It's so much fun and so capable. Putting the 45t can in has helped in so many ways, it has more wheelspeed now so it can get from obstacle to obstacle quickly but also copes better with whatever gets in its way. Until the end came off the transverse link.....again though I had the means to repair it and then carry on walking. I managed a good long walk up some steep rocky stuff and along some paths. I bloody love that lil D90. 

So all in all, a great few hours bashing  :yes:

• Like 3

Cloddy: Stuck a 2s in and let Mum loose with him for a while. He performed admirably as ever. I took over the tx and had some fun with him, need to fashion some sort of wheelie bar for him. Nothing broken.

Chevy Carnage: Stuck a 2s in and gave him a proper bashing, popped the rear body post off again but fortunately had spare hex bolts. Repair complete, carried on bashing until a rock jumped out in front of him at full chat. Shock and hinge pin holder broken. 

Wraith: Stuck a 3s in and started to bash, all was going well until smoke started billowing out of the front. Nope, not the LiPo or Servo but the can. Think the 22t pinny will have to come out and the 25t will go back in. Nothing broken as such. 

16th SCT: Stuck a 2s in and ragged it silly. It's so light that it can flip and roll without breaking anything. Can got a bit hot but nothing to worry about. 

SCX10 D90: Stuck a 2s in took it for a walk. It's so much fun and so capable. Putting the 45t can in has helped in so many ways, it has more wheelspeed now so it can get from obstacle to obstacle quickly but also copes better with whatever gets in its way. Until the end came off the transverse link.....again though I had the means to repair it and then carry on walking. I managed a good long walk up some steep rocky stuff and along some paths. I bloody love that lil D90. 

So all in all, a great few hours bashing  :yes:

Glad you're enjoying that D90 fella, I built it for fun :D

You definitely need to pop down sometime in the near future.... I'll even order us some good weather to make it worth while ;)

• Like 1