• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, KC59 said:

I did a bit of fettling and tweaking to the trailer I made for my GMade Sawback and fitted a nose wheel to the "A" frame at the front of the trailer. I used a triangular shaped peice of Kydex sheet (a mouldable thermo-plastic sheet), heated it and shaped it over the "A" frame, then drilled a hole of a suitable size to take an m3 threaded rivet nut, cut a peice of stainless steel m3 rod and bent one end to create a handle which I covered with heat shrink tubing then treaded it through the rivet nut. I bought a small 15mm nose wheel for a model aircraft and made a little bracket/carrier for it and mounted it on to the bottom of the m3 threaded rod so that it would rotate freely. A bit of a faff but I'm happy with it.

01e1ef34034fbf2444a1e441db36ea3bcd8618f0a0_00002.thumb.jpg.35d02d045252fcea95d94cc1ebd36b31.jpg

And a little video to show the nosewheel working 😎

Awesome work, I get a little jealous of people with actual technical abilities lol. Super glue, cable ties and chewing gum are about my level. Really impressive stuff mate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ratty McRaticus said:

Awesome work, I get a little jealous of people with actual technical abilities lol. Super glue, cable ties and chewing gum are about my level. Really impressive stuff mate

Thanks Buddy 😉 but it's not much more than super glue and chewing gum, well maybe a little bit of aluminium angle and access to eBay 😁

• Haha 1

On 19/09/2021 at 13:55, Ratty McRaticus said:

Not today but the most recent maintenance on my FTX Carnage involved making a small brace to support a new front bumper due the chassis holes being trashed as they are a weak point.

Also had to patch a minor crack in the body, used some gaffer tape to strengthen the underside and wide clear tape on the upper shell. Bit rough around the edges but I am to cheap to buy a new shell atm 😂

IMG_20210912_211004_013.jpg

IMG_20210912_211004_229.jpg

IMG_20210912_211004_089.jpg

IMG_20210912_211004_262.jpg

A popular upgrade is the bumper from the Outlaw (I think). Pop over to the Vantage/Carnage owners thread for details.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

A popular upgrade is the bumper from the Outlaw (I think). Pop over to the Vantage/Carnage owners thread for details.

Appreciate the heads up mate, been discussing it over there and will be looking into the Outaw bumper as well as an Ali chassis 👍🏻

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ratty McRaticus said:

Appreciate the heads up mate, been discussing it over there and will be looking into the Outaw bumper as well as an Ali chassis 👍🏻

You're welcome mate. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomr said:

Accidentally launched my yeti into the river 😁

That’s one heck of a way to clean the rc! Bet you got soaked retrieving it. Hope the electronics are okay 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

That’s one heck of a way to clean the rc! Bet you got soaked retrieving it. Hope the electronics are okay 😬

It’s definitely clean ! Yeah the water was almost up to me nipples 😁it floated just out of reach every time I got myself somewhere to stand so ended up getting in .

The electrics aren’t working at the min but I’ve sitting in the airing cupboard 👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

added all the proper lights to the Summit Mini 🙂

NdJ9t5o.jpeg

6CxgrMt.jpeg

And converted the Slash into this:

sLWMrFI.jpeg

Good job jobbed 👍 Both look awesome.

If for some reason you don’t get on with the mini Summit I maybe interested in taking of your hands .

Be nice to have the mini to go with my 1/8 version.

• Like 1

Just now, tomr said:

Good job jobbed 👍 Both look awesome.

If for some reason you don’t get on with the mini Summit I maybe interested in taking of your hands .

Be nice to have the mini to go with my 1/8 version.

I dont  even know how much theyre worth haha. I doubt ill ever use it to be honest

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomr said:

It’s definitely clean ! Yeah the water was almost up to me nipples 😁it floated just out of reach every time I got myself somewhere to stand so ended up getting in .

The electrics aren’t working at the min but I’ve sitting in the airing cupboard 👍

Hahaha, you got right in there!! When you’ve come out the airing cupboard have another try, fingers crossed it will fire up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomr said:

Have a think about it mate and pm me with a price if ya fancy getting rid 👍

@Kpowell911 is it kitted out with waterproof electronics?

17 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Not sure about the servo as its a Turnigy, but the ESC is and the RX is in a waterproof box so I guess so

It’s only that, if @tomr was to get his hands on it one day, I think it would be necessary 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What do you get if you cross Disney's Cars and the hostel franchise? My continuing clueless adventures in the world of upgrades 😂

Kind of have the motor and servo fitted now and the esc/receiver shouldn't be a problem.

Only real stumbling block is I'm missing one bleedin tyre 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

20210925_202627.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2