• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

23 hours ago, MrCake said:

Set the alarm for early, drove to local woodlands, climbed steep hill which always knackers me out.  Got Big Rock out of the bag and realised I didn't have my Deans to EC5 connector with me.   Fllllllllllllllllllllllip!  No time to go back home and go out again before work.

Next purchase; a soldering iron!

1 hour ago, Ant.p said:

Next purchase; a soldering iron!

Ha ha I do have one but my skills aren't great!  Fairly happy with Deans but tried a EC5 and failed when trying to insert the bullet into the casing and just broke it 😆

I did discover how well flux paste works but it still not sure I would tackle an EC5 again!?

6 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Ha ha I do have one but my skills aren't great!  Fairly happy with Deans but tried a EC5 and failed when trying to insert the bullet into the casing and just broke it 😆

I did discover how well flux paste works but it still not sure I would tackle an EC5 again!?

EC5 are lovely to solder up, i put the brass barrel into a drilled block of wood, solder it then snap it into the plastic holder, way better than XT90`s that collapse as soon as they see a soldering iron

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

EC5 are lovely to solder up, i put the brass barrel into a drilled block of wood, solder it then snap it into the plastic holder, way better than XT90`s that collapse as soon as they see a soldering iron

It was the snapping part that went wrong for me and I managed to snap a bit of the connector pushing the barrel in.  I probably need to watch some videos.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 08:05, MrCake said:

Set the alarm for early, drove to local woodlands, climbed steep hill which always knackers me out.  Got Big Rock out of the bag and realised I didn't have my Deans to EC5 connector with me.   Fllllllllllllllllllllllip!  No time to go back home and go out again before work.

So today was a maiden voyage with my dad with some 25+ year old boats at a local pond that we resurrected.  Spent ages making up a boating toolkit to take with everything that we could ever need to make/fix things on the boat.   Got to the pond and setup the camping chairs ready for a relaxing morning and I had only left my transmitter at home!?  Just not a good week for me RC wise 🤣

Luckily it was only a 15 minute round trip back home to grab it but annoying all the same.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Welcome to RC Chaos!

J5fPH6y.jpg

E8CHgcL.jpg

KtZrHMK.jpg

PSLXc3M.jpg

OCRTTVu.jpg

Epic morning out with my Mrs. Took the Maxx and the Rustler, 4x lipos, and just a broke bulkhead for the Maxx. The Rustler is an absolute tank

Broken bulkhead is a small price for having fun on that course, looks great

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Welcome to RC Chaos!

J5fPH6y.jpg

E8CHgcL.jpg

KtZrHMK.jpg

PSLXc3M.jpg

OCRTTVu.jpg

Epic morning out with my Mrs. Took the Maxx and the Rustler, 4x lipos, and just a broke bulkhead for the Maxx. The Rustler is an absolute tank

you have said the rustler is really good a few times.  But what makes it better than a slash  as you do or did own a couple  but you don't seem to praise them.

8 minutes ago, turok007 said:

you have said the rustler is really good a few times.  But what makes it better than a slash  as you do or did own a couple  but you don't seem to praise them.

Ive had 5/6 Slashs, and theyre great. In fact this Rustler started as a Slash 4x4.

I dont think its anything against the Slash, its just in my opinion,  Short Course trucks arent as good as a stadium truck for bashing. They have less ground clearance and the shell parachutes. The Rustler doesnt have these issues. I just seem to use my Slash 4x4 on Road, as a sort of over powered car park hooner

Now this Rustler has had a lot spent on it (it was originally built by @mydoddy69) but its my Mrs first RC car, its on 3S, running a Max 10 SCT Combo. She is FAR harsher on RCs than me and it doesnt seem to break. Honestly, its been through so much, if it broke to the point we had to bin it, and buy another, we wouldve had our monies worth

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Just dunno if Im moving the issue to the chassis then. Ive gone stock for now

As much as I like shiny things, I think plastic stock is usually better and if this is the first time you have broken it then it isn't a  massive weakness.

• Like 1