• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

clarkson

hydro

I really like clarkson, a bit like marmite as lots of people either dislike him greatly or love him... but I don't understand what he was thinking. He shouldn't be sacked because I love him but what he said was shocking.

as above

whats this about? if you plan on starting th ethread asking about somthing atleast let people know what it is we are talking about...

its all over the news lol...where have you been?

as said it was harmless,Clarkson is Clarkson end of...

For all you lazy people...

Referring to striking workers, Mr Clarkson said: "I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families."

and heres the vid:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15977813

To all the above who are confused, He appeared on the one show last night and basically said that Strikers should be shot in front of their families and that trains should not stop if they hit people (which he is right lol).

I really like i like the way he says what the public all think rather than just going on about it like most T.V, Top Gears my favourite show too.

He wont get sacked seing as he hosts the biggest T.V show they show and has worked there for 20 years, Some people just need to take a joke.

Massive sense of humour failure here! No one is moaning about the striking teacher that when asked if she understood why private sector workers could be annoyed said, and I quote " if it wasn't for us teaching them, they wouldn't have jobs" Or the other one that said builders don't have to worry about working into old age because they earn enough to retire younger! Mr Clarkson, I'll will gladly feed the belt to your Browning .50!

I was quite a fan of Clarkson...but this is way way over the line of decency.

If you want to abuse people and then say 'it's a joke' at the end of it and expect to get away with it scot free, then perhaps that's what Jonathon Ross should have done...He thought he was bigger than the BBC and they sacked him. Everybody knows he meant it......

Clarkson came from a wealthy family, has had a priveliged upbringing and now has a cushy number earning shedloads of money playing with expensive cars. He's not exactly a man of the people and needs to learn that there are times to be a tw@ and times to keep your mouth shut. This was one of the latter. Would be interesting to see if he would say the same thing if locked in a room with a few dozen union members and no witnesses. His views on pensions are of limited worth when you know he will be heating his house well into his own old age by having his butler shovel

• Like 2

I think he chose the wrong place to say what he did, but thats Clarkson. It's not like he's the first to say things like this and he certainly wont be the last.

To be honest from what I could tell at work, the strike did nothing to gain support for the public sector workers, indeed I heard far worse said about them due to the fact that a lot of people had to take days off work, some unpaid, because they had to look after their children. Funny how that seems not to be mentioned.

Hmm, a comedian isn't allowed to make a joke? WHAT has happened to British humour...

FFS, yes, that was an inappropriate thing to say - but it was definately meant in humour*. So, it's fine for Jeremy Clarkson to offend anyone who he wants, so long as it isn't me, ooh, I wouldn't like that.

We also have to remember that the Unions are jumping on this to use it as ammunition, and the media are bound to spin this. It will sound worse than what it is if you listen to anyone who isn't Jeremy Clarkson who said it fully in context. If you take a 15 second snippet of what he said, it does sound irrational - probably because it is to some minor extent - but it's bound to unless you watch the whole thing, in context, which we can't do, because the program is now blocked on iPlayer...

As Dirty Electro said, the time that people have had to take off of work (mostly for childcare) will go unmentioned - likewise, so will the German controlled assessment that I missed, or the money that we (collectively as a family) have lost as I go to a private school, but still had to pay for a day of not going in.

And yes, maybe he is wealthy - but, hey, that's how capitalism works - if you don't like it, move to North Korea. It's a nice place there, isn't it... don't get me wrong though, in the long term, capitalism shouldn't stay. But there is no feasable alternative atm, and so whenever any company makes money they have every right to keep it to themselves employees included - remembering of course that Top Gear has over 300 million worldwide viewers, of which Clarkson is practically the star of the show. He does at least deserve some cash for his, "efforts."

*From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement. The term derives from the humoral medicine of the ancient Greeks, which taught that the balance of fluids in the human body, known as humors (Latin: humor, "body fluid"), control human health and emotion.

People of all ages and cultures respond to humour. The majority of people are able to experience humour, i.e., to be amused, to laugh or smile at something funny, and thus they are considered to have a sense of humour. The hypothetical person lacking a sense of humour would likely find the behaviour induced by humour to be inexplicable, strange, or even irrational. Though ultimately decided by personal taste, the extent to which a person will find something humorous depends upon a host of variables, including geographical location, culture, maturity, level of education, intelligence and context. For example, young children may favour slapstick, such as Punch and Judy puppet shows or cartoons such as Tom and Jerry. Satire may rely more on understanding the target of the humour and thus tends to appeal to more mature audiences. Nonsatirical humour can be specifically termed "recreational drollery".[1][2]

Edited by henzy190
  • Like 2

It's just a case of take one sentence out of an entire interview that was meant in a humorous way and have a bloody good whinge at it! LMFAO at the unions that want him prosecuted, for what? A teaching union that is thick as pig poo, seems like the world is going boobs up.

• Like 1

Hmm, a comedian isn't allowed to make a joke? WHAT has happened to British humour...

FFS, yes, that was an inappropriate thing to say - but it was definately meant in humour*. So, it's fine for Jeremy Clarkson to offend anyone who he wants, so long as it isn't me, ooh, I wouldn't like that.

We also have to remember that the Unions are jumping on this to use it as ammunition, and the media are bound to spin this. It will sound worse than what it is if you listen to anyone who isn't Jeremy Clarkson who said it fully in context. If you take a 15 second snippet of what he said, it does sound irrational - probably because it is to some minor extent - but it's bound to unless you watch the whole thing, in context, which we can't do, because the program is now blocked on iPlayer...

As Dirty Electro said, the time that people have had to take off of work (mostly for childcare) will go unmentioned - likewise, so will the German controlled assessment that I missed, or the money that we (collectively as a family) have lost as I go to a private school, but still had to pay for a day of not going in.

And yes, maybe he is wealthy - but, hey, that's how capitalism works - if you don't like it, move to North Korea. It's a nice place there, isn't it... don't get me wrong though, in the long term, capitalism shouldn't stay. But there is no feasable alternative, and so whenever any company makes money they have every right to keep it to themselves, regardless of what everybody else thinks morally. The technical term is "human greed" :(

*From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement. The term derives from the humoral medicine of the ancient Greeks, which taught that the balance of fluids in the human body, known as humors (Latin: humor, "body fluid"), control human health and emotion.

People of all ages and cultures respond to humour. The majority of people are able to experience humour, i.e., to be amused, to laugh or smile at something funny, and thus they are considered to have a sense of humour. The hypothetical person lacking a sense of humour would likely find the behaviour induced by humour to be inexplicable, strange, or even irrational. Though ultimately decided by personal taste, the extent to which a person will find something humorous depends upon a host of variables, including geographical location, culture, maturity, level of education, intelligence and context. For example, young children may favour slapstick, such as Punch and Judy puppet shows or cartoons such as Tom and Jerry. Satire may rely more on understanding the target of the humour and thus tends to appeal to more mature audiences. Nonsatirical humour can be specifically termed "recreational drollery".[1][2]

Wow,Iam glad Iam here and you are there lol.

Just looked in the funnies section of the lounge, a so called 'joke' about a parrot being put in a freezer! I'm appalled that this animal cruelty is the basis of some peoples humour. I want the person responsible banned from the forum, arrested, charged with incitement to cause cruelty to animals, birched, flogged and shot at dawn.... Now can some-one tell me that this is any different to Clarkson-gate.

• Like 2